Complaint Review: Matthew Kenney Online Academy

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Sheryll — Elverson Pennsylvania
Matthew Kenney Online Academy
395 Santa Monica Place Suite 333 Santa Monica, Select State/Province USA

Matthew Kenney Online Academy James BartolomeiMatthew Kenney Essentialy Stole My Money Santa Monica CA - California

Matthew Kenney Academy Online Will Not Refund My Monies When I Followed Their Cancellation Policy Exactly. They Just Refuse and say they feel I did not. Even with All Postal Documents and Proof of All Emails And Dates.

First here is their cancellation policy off of their contract policy: CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY

Full refund shall be issue if cancellation is received in writing at least 30 days prior to the first day of the course.

April 2013 I enrolled in their online program. I paid in advance for 2 levels. I started level one and did not commit to level 2. Just paid in advance. Once I stopped my course Jonathan (their rep and my contact) emailed me and told me I could postpone my level 1 to a time that was more convenient for me. Well time never came so I asked for a refund. Jonathan emailed me and said I had 30 days prior to cancel before my newly postponed course was to start. So, I sent a certified letter  just as he told me to do. It was received within the time limit of the 30 days. Well a month had gone by and I got no word from Matthew Kenney Academy Online. So I contacted Jonathan. He said he was sorry but they would not refund any of my money. Not level 1 or level 2. Since then I have sent many emails and certified letters asking them to honor their policy and I keep getting the same response from all of them. They WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY. How can they get away with that??? I too own a business and I would not think of treating my customers or potential customers in that manor. Integrity would be more important to me than keeping someones hard earned monies. I paid $2600.00. Which was $1,450.00 for level 1 and $1,550.00 for level 2. Then they awarded me a $400 discount (scholarship)to bring the price down. So that is a grand total of $2600.00. I emailed back and forth to a James Bartolamei whom says he is their Legal Counsil and told me to never email Matthew with these conerns again and I was only to contact him. Then when I contact him via phone or email, he does not respond.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matthew-Kenney-Online-Academy/Santa-Monica-Select-StateProvince-90401/Matthew-Kenney-Online-Academy-James-BartolomeiMatthew-Kenney-Essentialy-Stole-My-Money-Sa-1116604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Matthew Kenney Online Academy