Complaint Review: matthewolyphant.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: KellKayH — Laguna Nigel California United States of America
matthewolyphant.com

matthewolyphant.com Matthew Olyphant, Matthew Olyphant Art, Artist, Matt Olyphant, Olyphant, M. Olyphant Stole my Original Artwork, Sells my Designs and Paintings as his Own Work, Con Artist Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Why are you buying that stuff?

*Consumer Comment: Work this out offline

*Consumer Comment: Liar. Where is your paintings?

My childhood friend and college sweetheart Matthew Olyphant stole the majority of my artwork and sketches when I decided to marry another man. That was about 15 years ago!!! I think he was jealous of my creativity and wanted to paint and draw and channel expressiveness but he was not an artist so he could not have my visions. He now runs the online art gallery MatthewOlyphant.com where he sells my original artwork as his own.

He also sells my artwork and many exact replicas of my paintings for thousands of dollars to art collectors in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area by telling people he is the artist of my body of work. A review of MatthewOlyphant.com, Rtist Marketplace and Facebook .com Pages MatthewOlyphant, all show my work that I made over many years and lost when I moved out the apartment we shared as a couple. I asked for my artwork many times but he would not return it and he was so unstable that I gave up and thought he would give it to me after he stopped feeling sad about the break up.

Recently I moved back to San Francisco after living in the East for many years to discover he was making a living off my work on MatthewOlyphant.com. I found he listed prices on some other marketplaces and was angery when I saw the prices he marked and was making off work he did not create.. My designs and original paintings and drawings had been repainted and drawn many time and people did not question him because he uses his brothers famous name and face to sell his work. I made sure to contact hm and let him know I had proof the work was mine and he dared me to prove it.

I am prepaaring to file a lawsuit against this con-Artist nd I want people to be aware they are buying stolen paintings that are signed by a person who did ot make them. All of my work is on the website gallery but  no mention of my name or credit is there for being the owner and artist of the work. Support local artist BUT AVOID MATTHEWOLYPHANT.com and pleaase do not buy work that belongs to another person who is pompous enough to think he can fool the public.

He also has stolen work from other female artist and a few male artists. We are all wrking together to put an end to this art crooks career so we can get what it ours. We plan to file lawsuit so I am also asking anybody who is his victim to come forward and help us take MatthewOlyohant.com down along with all of the markets he uses to rob people with forged and stolen paintings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 03:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/matthewolyphantcom/internet/matthewolyphantcom-Matthew-Olyphant-Matthew-Olyphant-Art-Artist-Matt-Olyphant-Olyphan-875150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on matthewolyphant.com

Why are you buying that stuff?

AUTHOR: lolobolo - (United States of America)

Matthew Olyphant's paintings looks like it is drawings by a 2 year old.  It is ugly.

Work this out offline

AUTHOR: Sam - (United States of America)

Geez, why would write a report about your ex online? You said you almost married this guy, Matthew Olyphant. I have no idea what Vera is talking about but maybe she's the current girlfriend but she sounds mad. I think this should be discussed offline instead of airing laundry for all to see. Kelly, if you thik about it he might have painted some painti gs that resembled your work because you lived together and i spired each other. That seems like aomething an artist would do. I have friends wno pai t in similar styles because they share ideas and lives. Try to look at it as a compliment and not that he stole from you. About the other stuff you say about him, the fact is you lived with him and choae him so don't blame him. Work this out because the world has room for many artists. Good luck in working this out becaue there seems like a lot of bad anger is present and that is not good for an artist.

Liar. Where is your paintings?

AUTHOR: Vera - (United States of America)

I just don't get how it is that Matthew supposedly stole your paintings, yet he still has new paintings often and hasn't been in contact with you for like forever.

You also can not show us any of the paintings you have supposedly made, neither of the exhibitions you attended with your artwork.  Not a single photo with proof from you.

These are all lies made up by someone who got obsessed with Matthew's brother Timothy and wanted to get to him through Matthew.  It is easy to get a crush on a celebrity or a movie star and some people get so obsessed they lose touch with reality, which requires medication to help them restabilise