Complaint Review: Mattress Depot, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, March 09, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, March 09, 2014

• Reported By: Ken — Lacey Washington
Mattress Depot, Inc.
1111 Cooper Pt Rd Olympia, Bellevue, Washington USA

Mattress Depot, Inc. Mattress Depot USA Mattress Depot - worst customer service I have seen in a long time Olympia, Bellevue Washington

*Author of original report: Mattress Depot comes through

If you buy a mattress here, you'd better hope it's correct from the start. Mattress Depot appears to stand behind their product; as far behind as they possibly can. Our first mattress had an obvious defect. The second is not the firmness of the first nor of that which we ordered. Mattress Depot has been less than cooperative at almost every turn.  They tried to charge us an additional $100 to replace the first mattress.

Only by threatening legal action did they relent and deliver the mattress free of charge.  Now they have firmly stated that there will be no delivery of another replacement without the the $100 delivery charge.  They have point blank said that they are not responsible for the products they sell, instead putting the onus on the manufacturer, whom they say we as a customer have to deal with directly.

If you buy a Toyota and it has a problem, would the dealership tell you that you have to call Japan to get any satisfaction?  I think not.  For them to say that this forum is "the real ripoff" is  tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black.  I would ask why they feel compelled to post something here in the form of damage control?  As the Bard said, "Me thinks thee dost protest too much."

I have been in sales and customer service for over 30 years and, in my opinion, Mattress Depot's customer service and support is among the worst I have ever encountered. If I had to do it over, I would pay more and go somewhere else and, in fact, that is precisely the resolution I am seeking at this point.  I don't trust them; I do not want to do any business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Depot-Inc/Olympia-Bellevue-Washington-98502/Mattress-Depot-Inc-Mattress-Depot-USA-Mattress-Depot-worst-customer-service-I-have-se-1129492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Depot, Inc.

Mattress Depot comes through

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

After some haggling and what I would term a terse and unfair repsonse to the WA Attorney General regarding my complainst, we seem to be at a close with Mattress Depot.  Sound Sleep Products, the manufacturer, agreed to replace the mattress under the terms of the warranty.  Mattress Depot delivered the mattress, no questions asked and at no additional fee.

After an initial bad taste in the mouth, I have to say that Mattress Depot ponied up and resolved the situation in the best way possible under the circumstances.  I give them credit for doing their best to remedy a bad situation.