- Report: #448979
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mattress Firm
Mattress Firm5815 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.
Mattress Firm Sealy Mattresses Non-warranty warranty--Don't spend the warranty fee! Houston Texas
*Consumer Comment: Warranty
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here are the learnings:
1. Mattress warranties should not play a role in buying decisions.
2. The retailer controls the warranty, and the terms are set up to protect the retailer from valid claims.
3. The process itself discourages claims, charging a fee, and typically taking 4-6 weeks, with no communications electronically.
4. Sealy does not stand behind the retailer unless the retailer goes out of business, then they use the exact same warrranty claim method as the retailer.
5. Sealy product durability is poor, and the buyer should know not to expect more than 5 years, despite warranties of 10 years.
6. Beware of pillowtop mattresses, because the pillow loses comfort quickly.
We're going to try another brand and a larger retailer who can provide references on standing behind their customers claims. We estimate the size of this particular ripoff at approximately $1000 plus the $25 claim fee.
Greer, South Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Firm/Houston-Texas-77023/Mattress-Firm-Sealy-Mattresses-Non-warranty-warranty-Dont-spend-the-warranty-fee-Housto-448979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.