Complaint Review: Mattress Tree

• Updated: Sat, April 26, 2014

• Reported By: Mark818 — reseda California
Mattress Tree
19237 Saticoy St, Reseda, CA 91335 Reseda, California USA

Mattress Tree , Mattress Tree owner Angela and Husband Selling USED Mattress as NEW Reseda California

I purchased a Brand New Queen Bed from mattresstree.com in February.  I paid cash and it was delivered.  It arrived and placed it in my guest room.  I for some reason got a strange feeling the price was too good.  $270 for a Queen Bed and decided at that point to investigate them online.  I ended up finding good reviews on Yelp but as you scrolled down you start coming across reviews of persons saying they were sold a USED Refurbished Mattress as new.  Some people even had the misfortune of the Refurbished Bed coming with Bed Bugs.

I quickly ran to the bed and inspected it.  No Bed Bugs but I got the name of the Manfacturer and after a quick search online realized the Manfacturer whom Mattress Tree buys their beds from makes new beds but also Refurbishes Old Beds.

I did more online searching and went to some government based websites regarding labeling and distinguitioning a Refurbished Bed. [continued below]....

.....  It mentioned Certain Tags that should be on a Bed that need to be there by Law if it is Used and has been Refurbished.  I looked and didn't see the Used Refurbished Tags but what I found was remnants of where a Red Tag used to be.  So Matress Tree buys used beds from Dream Bedding inc based in Los Angeles and carefully removes the Tags that state they are used and Refurbished and sell them as new.

I immediately emailed Angela the owner of Mattress Tree and CC'd my attorney friend.  I informed her of what I found and she says it's quite common for Dream Bedding inc to accidently send a Refurbished bed.  And to pay no mind to Yelp reviews about people getting Refurbished Used Beds, that no longer happens.  But they will gladly replace my bed with a new one.  I informed them I needed a Brand New Bed by next morning since I bought the bed for my guest room and had guests coming for the weekend. I also informed her that I would not accept any bed by manfacturer Dream Bedding inc.  She informed me that all their beds are by Dream Bedding Inc. and after more legal threats by me she said they (her and her husband) would run to a different manafacturer in the morning and get me a new bed.

Okay here is the problem.  One Dream Bedding inc. would not Refurbish a Used Bed take the times to put the proper legal labels and tags saying it is used and refurbished then remove those tags.  If they plan to trick or fool Mattress Tree it would be much easier to never put the Tags on the beds.  So Mattress Tree is purposely buying used Beds and removing the Tags which is highly illegal.

Oh I do remember Angela saying that competing mattress stores are spreading a rumor about them, them being Mattress Tree selling used Mattresses.  Well Angels it's not a rumor it's true!  And two I would be pissed if i was selling legitimate New Mattresses and I'm losing business to someone selling Old Used Refurbished Mattresses as New.

Angela and her husband come across very warm and sweet and she is incredibly good and speaking calmly and explaining how it's all rumors and just a hiccup from the Manacturer but I'm not dumb I did my research before addressing her about the issues.  I took pics of the bed and the remnants of the red tag that Mattress Tree Removed.  The tags in regards to refurbished Used Mattresses by the way is either yellow or red.  They symbolize the depth to which they refurbished and cleaned the pre-existing used mattress before repackaging it.

I'm sure Dream Bedding inc would like to know that Mattress Tree is removing the Tags and claiming it's all an error by Dream Bedding.

19237 Saticoy St.
Reseda CA 91335

info@mattresstree.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2014 01:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Tree/Reseda-California-91335/Mattress-Tree-Mattress-Tree-owner-Angela-and-Husband-Selling-USED-Mattress-as-NEW-R-1141857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Tree