• Report: #1120572

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: Wendy — West Haverstraw New York
Mavis Discount Tire
11 S. Route 9W West Haverstraw , Select State/Province USA

Mavis Discount Tire You Go In For An Oil Change and they claim you need new brakes West Haverstraw New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Let Us Make It Right!

On Saturday, April 23, 2011  I took the company vehicle to Mavis Discount Tires in West Haverstraw on Route 9W for an oil change.  The vehicle was left there and I gave them my phone number to call me when it was done.  About 1 hour later, I was contacted by "Anthony" who said they had performed a "Safety Inspection" and they noticed that the brakes were very worn and needed replacement to the tune of $199 for the 1998 Honda CRV that they had in for an oil changed.  I explained that I was not the owner of the vehicle and that I could not authorize this type of repair and to please put the estimate in writing and I would see about getting it reviewed and approved.

When I went to pick up the vehicle and pay for it, Anthony was on the phone with another customer and he was telling them that they needed brakes and rotors.  He is very convincing in his delivery and makes it sound really important to have the work done.

The following day, I had to pick up another vehicle at a repair shop in Spring Valley that had the company van in for tire replacement since they were dry rotted and were slowly leaking air.  I asked he proprietor of this shop if he could give me an estimate for brake work.  The 1998 CRV was delivered to him and upon inspection, there was no need for brake repairs because there was plenty of life left on them.  This leads me to believe that Mavis Discount Tire in West Haverstraw may be advising people to have repairs that are not necessary or they are charging for repairs that are ot being performed at all.  What really troubles me about this is that Mavis Discount Tire was dealing with a "non-profit" agency and they were trying to get us to spend money on things that were not needed.  I realize that times are tough but it is not fair to have someone come in for a simple oil change and then try to sell them hundreds of dollars worth of work that is not required.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mavis-Discount-Tire-/West-Haverstraw-Select-StateProvince-10993/Mavis-Discount-Tire-You-Go-In-For-An-Oil-Change-and-they-claim-you-need-new-brakes-West-H-1120572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mavis Discount Tire

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Let Us Make It Right!

AUTHOR: Mavis Discount Tire - ()

Mavis Discount Tire is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email Customer Relations at maviscustomercare@mavistire.com or call Alexa at 914-984-2500 ext 5000.  We look forward to hearing from you.