Complaint Review: Max Tool

• Updated: Tue, December 17, 2013

• Reported By: Mondo — Encinitas California
Max Tool
1669 Puddingstone Dr la verne, California USA

Max Tool Tarp Factory Outlet I received the wrong item , a 7x15 mesh tarp, after ordering a 6x10 mesh tarp and paying a $10.80 Fedex Second Day Delivery. I knew and understand that their policy states they are not able to refund shipping costs. I also acknowledge that their listed sizes state that the final size of the tarps are 4 to 6 inches smaller, which would had still been a good fit with a 6x10 tarp. Long story short.... customer support fought me about sending me the right item at no cost to me, saying to maybe use the one I revived by cutting it to size myself and that sizes actually vary on the tarps. Finally they said that it would cost them more money send me another one and that the best thing for me to do, is to accept the refund and keep the wrong item. According to Tarp Factory Outlet run by Max Tool their online Policy states: " Tarp Factory Outlet will only pay the return shipping costs if the return is a direct result of our error (you received an incorrect item) and re-ship the correct item at no charge."  I WOULD NOT BUY FROM ANY MAX TOOL ONLINE STORE. If you do, you better hope nothing goes wrong with your order! La Verne California

I received the wrong item ( a 7x15 mesh tarp) after ordering a 6x10 mesh tarp and paying a $10.80 Fedex Second Day Delivery. I knew and understand that their policy states they are not able to refund shipping costs. I also acknowledge that their listed sizes state that the final size of the tarps are 4 to 6 inches smaller, which would had still been a good fit with a 6x10 tarp.
Long story short.... customer support fought me about sending me the right item at no cost to me, saying to maybe use the one I revived by cutting it to size myself and that sizes actually vary on the tarps.(Yes they do, but not by 1 to 5 feet) Finally they said that it would cost them more money send me another one and that the best thing for me to do is, to accept the refund and keep the wrong item.
According to Tarp Factory Outlet (run by Max Tool) their online Policy states: " Tarp Factory Outlet will only pay the return shipping costs if the return is a direct result of our error (you received an incorrect item) and re-ship the correct item at no charge."

I am still trying to resolve this issue.

As a reasonable consumer, I WOULD NOT BUY FROM ANY MAX TOOL ONLINE STORE.

If you do, you better hope nothing goes wrong with your order!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Max-Tool-/la-verne-California-91750/Max-Tool-Tarp-Factory-Outlet-I-received-the-wrong-itemnbsp-a-7x15-mesh-tarp-after-ord-1107815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max Tool