Complaint Review: MaxKar Motors

• Reported By: CarVictim — Stafford Virginia
MaxKar Motors
1707 Jefferson Davis Highway Stafford, Virginia USA

MaxKar Motors Thieving Used Car Sales Dealership Stafford Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Test Drive?

I visited this Stafford, Virginia used car dealership with the intention of purchasing a car for myself and one for my 16 year old daughter. The sales and financial representatives seemed very friendly and honest, so I trusted that they had performed basic vehicle inspections on the vehicles as they stated they had, when I asked them point blank. They had an onsite mechanic that worked for them.

Here's the list of problems we have discovered with my daughter's BMW in the past 90 days:

1. The spare wheel/rim had been damaged to the point of not being fixable by the previous owner being in an accident. It needed to be replaced.
  2. The head gasket is bad and needs replacing.
  3. The oil pan has corroded through. (The mechanic we took it to for an oil change yesterday said this issue had been like this for at least a year. The car is leaking oil.
  4. The front brakes, including rotors, are bad and need replacing.
  5. The valve cover gasket needs replacing.
  6. The control arm bushing needs replacing.
  7. The secondary air injection hose needs replacing.

Here's the list of problems we have discovered with my Dodge Durango in the past 90 days:

1. The heating and air conditioning does not work.
  2. The door seal leaks.
  3. The interior was not cleaned properly from the previous owner. I found deer remains in the interior, underneath the seats and floorboard.
  4. The cooling fan is broke.
  5. The front brakes need to be replaced.

I am a trusting sort of person. I was ripped off by these men. They knowingly put my daughter in harm's way by selling us this vehicle and falsely claiming it was a safe and reliable vehicle.

These vehicles were sold to us on an "As Is" basis. We have no legal recourse whatsoever. I will have to replace my daughter's car with something that is safe and reliable after I have paid these people over $20,000. for the cars. Please do not make the same mistakes I have made here. This dealership is not to be trusted.

Please tell anyone you know that they are not to be trusted. They are bad businessmen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MaxKar-Motors/Stafford-Virginia-22554/MaxKar-Motors-Thieving-Used-Car-Sales-Dealership-Stafford-Virginia-1102673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MaxKar Motors

Test Drive?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I'm curious...how did the cars look on the test drive?