Complaint Review: Maxx Powersports

• Updated: Wed, October 14, 2009

• Reported By: biker again — cross junction Virginia USA
Maxx Powersports
207 Dairy Corner Pl Winchester, Virginia United States of America

Maxx Powersports, Maxx Power sports, Hyosung Bike Repair Did nothing Charged arm & Leg Winchester, Virginia

Maxx powersports is the ONLY authorized dealership for Hyosung Motorcycles in winchester, the bike was purchased by previous owner from them, bike had some minor issues at about 7k miles so in for a service repair, it was leaking fuel and would not start, a typical clogged carb sign. So take the bike in, takes a week for them to get to the bike just to give me an estimate, then tells me it will cost about 325 for thr work to clean the carbs and shouldnt take more than about 7-10 days.

Ok fine, well two weeks goes by, call them and they say they are waiting on a part from Hyosung before they can finish the bike. Ok, 4 weeks into the repairs on top of the week to get around to estimating the work, they tear the bike down, and say they arent sure whats wrong and have been waiting a week for hyosung to return their email. I contact hyosung at this point and they get back to me within the hour. Ok a few days maybe but over a week for hyosung to contact you back but i get it within the hour.

6 weeks into this i finally get fed up, I call them up and try to pick up the bike, get there and they tell me the bike is going to need new carbs and will run me about 800 bucks just for the parts. By now im fed up with their crap and dont believe a word they say anyways and they are all so willing to hand over the bike, still in PIECES!!!! I dont know the first thing about engines and bikes when it comes to putting it back together.

Now if the fustration level cant get any higher, they ask me to pay the bill which is $40 for oil+ $285 for cleaning the carbs. Neither of which was completed and after a few minutes of arguing i only paid for the oil, so 40 bucks to get my bike back in pieces and them telling me the bike is going to need another 800 in parts alone not including labor.

I take the bike to a local bike shop, Speed Factor Motorsports of Winchester which happens to be the only non authorized shop that will work on Hyosung bikes. They get the bike on friday, and take a look at the bike and show me where they never cleaned the carbs and never even changed the oil. Maxx Powersports wanted me to pay over 300 bucks for something they had no idea how to do! One week and 1 business day I had my bike back from the shop, ran great! had a carb rebuilt, carbs cleaned and spark plugs replaced and only cost me $325 for everything.

Now if thats not a rip off I dont know what is. Maxx Powersports is a joke, they gave me the work around, drug their feet, EVEN avoided my phone calls on several occasions!! I will NEVER go back there for anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2009 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maxx-Powersports/Winchester-Virginia-22602/Maxx-Powersports-Maxx-Power-sports-Hyosung-Bike-Repair-Did-nothing-Charged-arm-Leg-Win-508904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maxx Powersports