• Report: #219476

• Submitted: Tue, November 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, November 16, 2006

• Reported By:Colstrip Montana
Maytag Dependability Plus - Sears Service Centers
650 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville, Indiana U.S.A.

Maytag Dependability Plus - Sears Service Centers Fraud, Passing the buck ripoff Jeffersonville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: believe it when you see it

*Consumer Comment: believe it when you see it

*Author of original report: Maytag might come through-Sears has no service techs around

Is this FRAUD or just poor customer service?? You decide.

I have been trying to get Maytag Dependability Plus along with one of 2 of the Sears Repair Service places to find a repair person to come to my home for 4 weeks now. My first call went into Maytag because I have a certificate of service. (My first mistake) I first called Maytag on Columbus Day. I gave them the name of the place that we bought the Oven from but they said that it was out of their service area. A few days wasted because they didn't call me back to let me know that. So they proceeded to call Sears.

After 3-4 weeks of back and forth, 24-48 hours they will call me back and even told me that a repair person was coming out on a Saturday between 1 and 5, no repair person. They even went so far as to track the person that was coming here on Saturday. Oh he is probably running late, but they are on route. Who are they kidding? They are passing the buck/not my problem - companies.

So today is November 7, and after around 30 calls to Maytag and Sears, still no appointment. But they will get back to me in 24 hours. When I called Maytag today they gave me the Sears Repair, mind you not the first one they gave me, this is a 3rd party Sears repair place. Will it be any different?? Probably not. But what I want you to be aware of is that Maytag is not fulfilling their part of the warranty with me. They pass the buck to Sears and Sears cannot get a tech in this area either, they are passing the buck as well.

Today I contacted a Maytag repairman 40 miles away. Do you think Sears wanted that? NOT. They have to email thier - whoever - to see if they will approve a local tech. But they can't fulfill their part of their contract with Maytag either. What is my recourse? I have even asked Maytag for a refund of my contract. Course I paid $191.00 with no service calls, but would only be entitled to partial refund. WHY???

This is not a cheap unit. It is the $1400.00 unit. I am wondering now if Maytag is worth it.

Pat
Colstrip, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Dependability-Plus-Sears-Service-Centers/Jeffersonville-Indiana-47130/Maytag-Dependability-Plus-Sears-Service-Centers-Fraud-Passing-the-buck-ripoff-Jefferson-219476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag Dependability Plus - Sears Service Centers

believe it when you see it

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

being a ex maytag home appliance center owner I can tell you that there are a few good people at maytag but they are so few that when they try to do whats right they get overruled or fired . I hope you get the help you deserve but don't count on maytag to do it. it will be the servicer if you get a good one. if maytag promises you anything get the employee name or id. number if you don't they will LIE and say they have no record of your previous call. to save a buck they will lie to anyone.
I would recomend to stay away from maytag products in the future, I will be

believe it when you see it

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

I would recomend to stay away from maytag products in the future, I will be

Maytag might come through-Sears has no service techs around

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

After posting my story on rip-off report I called Maytag to get a fax number so I could fax my posting to them. Kim at extension 4334 took my call and was actually helpful. She called Sears again but they were closed. She then told me that she would set my file aside and call Sears in the morning to find out why they haven't scheduled an appointment.

She actually called back in the morning and told me that Sears told her that they do not have a service tech in my area. (BEWARE) I told her that I talked to a qualified service tech 40 miles away. She took the name and number and emailed it to whoever can make that decision. I couldn't believe it when I received a call from Jamie at Maytag and said that they ok'd this service person.

I told her if it wasn't for Kim pursuing my claim that I would still be going around in circles. Every time I called in the past it was always someone different. Kim actually cared and for that I am grateful. I do have an appointment on Fri. Nov. 10. It might not be fixed on that date but thanks to Kim I am closer to getting my oven fixed than I was yesterday. Will keep you posted.