Complaint Review: Maytag Extended Service Plan

• Updated: Wed, December 14, 2011

• Reported By: John — Springfield Massachusetts United States of America
Maytag Extended Service Plan
PO Box 100 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Maytag Extended Service Plan Whirpool and Maytag Their extended service plan is a complete scam. I called Maytag looking for service on my 10-year-old Netpune washer. They sold me a $289 extended service contract. Some dope showed up, took machine a Rapid City, South Dakota

I called Maytag to have a person service my ten year old Neptune washer. It is their standard repair number in the yellow pages. The women (Carmen) told me for a $289 contract fee they would send out a repair person to fix whatever is wrong with the machine and warranty it for a year. The women knew the replacement part (tub assembly kit) was a $500 part. They immediately charged my AMEX and I received an email contract later that night.

A sub contractor (Mickey) showed up the following week, took machine apart and told me he needed authorization from Maytag to fix and he did not feel they would fix it since it was trashed. He left the machine apart in my laundry room and told me he would call me back later that day. When he didn't call me, I called him and he hung up on me. I called Maytag 3 or 4 times, but they never called me back even though their contract states they would call the customer within 48-72 hours to resolve any service issues.

In a nutshell, I was sold an extended service contract that would have resulted in an immediate loss to Maytag. The repairman left with the machine not working, despite the Maytag women telling me he would leave with it working "even if they had to replace every part." Too good to be true, yes. The repair man told me they do this all the time and he did not want to risk ordering the parts and getting stuck with them. He told me he would call me back with a status update but would not take my calls.

When I blocked my caller ID on him, he answered then hung up on me when he realized who was calling ("I'm installing a range. Thunk!) He never called me back. I called Maytag 3 or four times, got the runaround, but was assured each time they were working on it would call me back. That was two weeks ago. Maytag Extended Service is a complete scam. Sell the contract, get the money, screw the customer. I purchased a new machine and, of course, it was not a Maytag (or Whirlpool for that matter.) I will never buy one of their products again. I am disputing the claim with AMEX.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2011 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Extended-Service-Plan/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Maytag-Extended-Service-Plan-Whirpool-and-Maytag-Their-extended-service-plan-is-a-complet-809191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag Extended Service Plan