Complaint Review: Maytag/Whirlpool Extended Service Plans

• Updated: Wed, July 31, 2013

• Reported By: Thomas — Rescue California
Maytag/Whirlpool Extended Service Plans
P.O. Box 7529 Madison Heights, Michigan USA

Maytag/Whirlpool Extended Service Plans Fraud offer of a extended service plan. Only will uphold their contract if it benefits themselves. Madison Heights Michigan

In the beginning of May 2013 I called Maytag/Whirlpool for service on our front loading washing machine. The person asweering my call asked if I wanted to purchase the warranty plan which would cover the technichians labor and parts. The cost would be charged to our credit card and she could have a tech out in 1-2 days.

I purchased the plan which would cover all the expenses of labor and parts for one full year. A techician came out late on a Friday and diagnosed that the bearings were shot and its very expensive to fix. He said its too late to call on the East coast to get it autherized. He said it probably going to be $1100 dollars to fix and they will not spend that kind of money on repairs and will most likely authorize a new machine.

The following Monday a second technician came out to verify the report by the first tech. He too said its too expensive to repair and that Whirlpool will just give us a new washing machine. He told us that someone will call from Whirlpool in 1-2 days.

I waited 4 days and no phone call. I called Whirlpool back and they told me that the repair is too expensive for them to fix and they refunded the money back onto our credit card.

I have been on line and looked at their statement about repairs and replacing things that can't be fixed or too expensive to fix. They claim that they will replace appliances. In my case they have done nothing. They will sell a warranty if the price you pay is less than the repairs needed. Since my repairs  were  more than the amount I paid for the warranty they dropped me.

I believe that they are responsible to hold up to the warranties they sell not just the ones that will benifit them to make a profit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MaytagWhirlpool-Extended-Service-Plans/Madison-Heights-Michigan-48071-7529/MaytagWhirlpool-Extended-Service-Plans-Fraud-offer-of-a-extended-service-plan-Only-will-1071815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag/Whirlpool Extended Service Plans