Complaint Review: MBM Records

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: Stewart — Newport New York
MBM Records
The Crown Building 730 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor New York, New York USA

MBM Records Received goods in April 2012 but still not paid total price in May 2013 New York New York

In March 2012 Dischromatics received an order from MBM Records for 1000 off CD Duplication of Lotus CD’s for their Formula 1 Grand Prix team. At that time we requested payment in advance and this was paid and the discs delivered. A second order for 5000 off of the same CD’s was then received from MBM records in late April but they requested credit. The agreement was that payment would be made seven days from receipt of samples in New York.

With the reputation of MBM records and the fact that they were tied into Universal Music with Yan Saquet being the President of both companies according to Saquet’s LinkedIn page, it seemed that there was unlikely to be any problems.

The samples were duly delivered by the agreed date in early May 2012 but no payment was forthcoming to the agreed terms. [continued below]....

..... Since that time Dischromatics personnel have sent numerous emails, made many phone calls, talking to both Yan Saquet and Loren Berrier but on every occasion, promises were made that were broken or comments were made to suggest to us that we would encounter difficulty getting MBM Records to honour their promises by paying the debt.

Naturally, there were many emails sent to MBM Records immediately after the debt became due which did not point to a conclusion of the matter and said much the same thing regarding not being able or prepared to pay. Here are some of the later recorded email messages from different employees or representatives of MBM in response to emails sent from Dischromatics follow:

“Hi Gareth & Stewart, Unfortunately at this time I do not have an update from when we spoke Wednesday.  I understand your position regarding the interest which is of course fair under your Terms and Conditions.  I am doing everything in my power to resolve the situation. I will continue to work to resolve the issue and will update as soon as there is any new information. Sincerely, Loren Berrier | Global Label Manager” dated 20th July 2012

“My name is Yan Saquet, I am the CEO of MBM Records.  It is my understanding you have been in touch with Loren regarding the outstanding payment of the Manufacturing of the Lotus GP CD project we did with you.

We were very happy with the product, and it has always been our full intention to comply with the agreement we initially made, but unfortunately the situation is that the company has been going through an extended period of cash flow issues.  We have been working diligently to remedy our business situation and of course resolving the payment with you is a top priority for us”.  7th August 2012

“Dear Stewart, Again, payment will be proceeded. Believe me; we are doing our best to fix it asap... Regards, Yan Saquet” dated 8th August 2012

Dear Stewart, We are waiting for wire transfers from clients too...  Can you understand? If not do what you feel better. We are not telling you that you won't be pay be asap. Yan S. MBM Records dated 8th August 2012

“Dear Spencer, Can we setup a meeting call Wednesday?  4:30 pm your time. Best regards, Yan” dated 20th August 2012. He was not available to take my call and didn’t call me!

“Hi Stewart, Let's have a call on Monday to find a way. Have a nice week end. Yan S. MBM Records” dated 31st August 2012. He was not available again!

“Dear Gareth, Stew, Thank you for your replies. I am really concerned right because I am the one who introduced LOTUS to MBM Records concept. If the goods are required this will put my reputation together with 15 years of hard work in the Formula 1 community at stake. I know this is not your problem but it is my responsibility. You do not realize how sad I am to face such conflict, how disappointed I am against him, and how sorry I feel towards you because you are great people. I have requested a conf call with Yan Saquet at 6pm (France time) and will update you accordingly. Again this is simply not acceptable nor excusable. Sincerely, Carl”  Representative of MBM Records based in London dated 19th September 2012

“Dear Stewart, As our last conversation, email us a payment plan agreement:  $1,000.00 per month. Then we'll process the first payment. Sincerely”, Yan Saquet | President | MBM Records dated 19th December 2012.

“Yan, Would it be possible to have finally a reliable answer and action towards this problem that has now been lasting for the almost a year?? I simply do not understand such practice from your side, it’s unbelievable. MBM claims to provide service to Harry Winstons, Laduree, Celio and more but is not even able to make a $1000 monthly payment. I just don’t get it anymore and it will play against you at one point. You can’t get away like this and you won’t!! In addition, I kindly ask you to remove immediately the Paris and London contact on your website, including my contact details (cell phone and landline)! Take responsibilities please”. Carl Gurdjian. PHG UK Limited. 30th January 2013

Email from Yan Saquet: “Who are you ? Ask Mary Konate what is her reputation today ? We'll be happy to do the same with you and your business. Loren will email you an agreement today to make is nice - Can we pay $1000 today by Visa”? Yan S.  dated 5th March He was told that he could pay by visa but nothing was paid.

“Dear Stewart, We are waiting for a wire transfer from our client. You will be payed immediately and in priority once we get it on our account. Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Loren please confirm. Thank you for understanding, Yours sincerely, Yan.”  Dated 28th March 2013.

Email from Yan Saquet:

“YES WE CAN REASONABLY TELL YOU THAT WE DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO MAKE THE PAYMENT RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!! WE Are waiting on it to pay you !!!!!!!! and once we will pay you i will still have my personal financial to fix !!!!!!! SO STOP your stupid WORDS !!!!! You are killing our good relationship and do everything to hate you !!!!! We are doing our BEST to make it happen / Can't you see it ???????? Yan Saquet” dated 4th April 2013

Dischromatics explained to MBM Records that if payment was not forthcoming then they would be in contact with Lotus to explain the non-payment, also articles would written and circulated highlighting the danger of working with Yan Saquet of MBM Records and Universal Music. Finally $2000 was paid in April but since that time, apart from a few emails indicating we would have difficulty receiving further payments, communication has ceased from MBM Records.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 03:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBM-Records/New-York-New-York-10019/MBM-Records-Received-goods-in-April-2012-but-still-not-paid-total-price-in-May-2013-New-1052227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBM Records