Complaint Review: MBNA

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
MBNA
Ottawa, Ontario Canada

MBNA I was Ripped off by MBNA Ottawa Ontario

*Author of original report: MBNA will rectify charges

My husband and I accepted a platinum premium plus credit card from MBNA under the understanding that we would have an interest rate of 1.90% for six months. For a balance transfer of $11,500 we paid a balance transfer fee of $115.00, only to learn later (we were unaware of this) that they were charging us a different rate of 9.99% interests for any further purchases during those 6 months. Also, they would not allow us to pay for those higher interest rate purchases first claiming that those charges could not be paid until the low interest larger balance was fully paid off. My heart froze! After learning that I could contact an Ombudsman, I called them to ask for this to be corrected and my original agreed upon interest rate to be reinstated. With a warning of contacting the Ombudsman and thanks to their existence I got it restated. I thought the nightmare was over and was hopelessly willing to take the losses from the charges to that point but , November 2nd I got the hardest and most painful hit...They (unknown to me!) had been charging me roughly a hundred dollars a month for an insurance coverage that I never agreed to have. I in no way agreed to any insurance and they charged me for it without my knowledge or consent calling it "INS COV PLAN" on my bill. They say that because I did not notice that I had been charged for it since June, I am financially responsible for $215.28 plus the 9.99% added to it. This company has in the most sneaky and disrespectful manner taken our hard earned money from my family. I did not see or expect that charge. The charge never appeared on our very first bill where I would have noticed it clearly. I would not have understood what "INS COV PLAN" meant had it not been for my husband and it got lost to me in all the other expenses. I feel so helpless right now, so angry at myself for being fooled. I thought of myself as careful and diligent getting this card, but they got me and now they intend to keep our money unless someone can help us can help us. Someone please, please help us and stop them from doing this to other people.

Monik32
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2007 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MBNA/Ottawa-Ontario-K1G-6E6/MBNA-I-was-Ripped-off-by-MBNA-Ottawa-Ontario-283477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MBNA

MBNA will rectify charges

AUTHOR: Monik32 - (Canada)

I have wonderful news, I just received a call from an MBNA Canada senior customer rep. and he personally called to apologize and offer to reimburse all the insurance charges as well as the extra interests charged to me at the 9.99% rate.Further more in the spirit of reparation, he even offered (which I gladly accepted) to reimburse my original transfer fee!!! It's a great day :)!

category