Complaint Review: McCarthy Burgess And Wolf

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
McCarthy Burgess And Wolf
26000 Cannon Road Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

McCarthy Burgess And Wolf Stupid, Abussive and Counterproductive Collection Tactics Cleveland Ohio

This Collection company employs tactics befitting rabid dogs. I was forced into retirement because of a disabling injury in 2005. I evidently had an outstanding lease on a credit card machine. I received no billing or correspondence from the leasing company. Four months ago a reprehensible man started a conversation, telling me I was a deadbeat on the above lease. This is 3 years after closure of my company. I asked for a copy of the lease and received a diatribe of invective instead, plus a promise that he would call multiple times daily and free legal advice telling me that in court the judge never hears from the defendant. I told them I see them in court. They continued calling without proof of a bill over ten times. Finally I hired my lawyer to demand a copy of the lease. I received one and will pay the bill.

In this case the outrageous behavior of this company delayed their payment by 4 months. They are doing a disservice to their clients and themselves by using abusive tactics in my opinion.

Al
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McCarthy-Burgess-And-Wolf/Cleveland-Ohio-44146/McCarthy-Burgess-And-Wolf-Stupid-Abussive-and-Counterproductive-Collection-Tactics-Clevel-345792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McCarthy Burgess And Wolf