Complaint Review: McCraken Oil And Propane

• Submitted: Sat, December 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2008

• Reported By:Wendell North Carolina
McCraken Oil And Propane
600-A S. Main St. Rolesville, North Carolina U.S.A.

McCraken Propane McCraken Oil And Propane McCracken Propane Raleigh, NC area trying to muscle other gas customers into buying gas from them! Rolesville North Carolina

Sometime in April I was called by a very unfriendly woman claiming to represent McCraken Oil and Propane telling me that I owed them money because I didn't buy gas from them over the winter but I had one of their tanks in my yard.

My gas tank at my house, which I had just moved into last winter, has another gas companies name painted on the side of it along with their contact # and information. Lee's Gas. I had called them, and they were very professional and friendly and had supplied me through the winter with my gas. When I informed the very rude and forceful bully of a woman from McCracken of this, she told me that they had bought Lee's Gas a few years ago and that they didn't exist anymore (basically calling me a liar). I gave her the # to Lee's Gas and told her to call them herself to let them know they were out of business and hung up on her.

A few days later my tank had an "McCracken Propane" decal over the Lee's Gas painted on the side. A few days after that I received a contract from McCracken in the mail. It was spring, and I wasn't in need of gas since I only use if for heat, so I threw the contract away and almost forgot about the whole thing.

About a month ago the McCracken decal was gone when I got home from work, which I found amusing, actually. And also reminded me to call Lee's because I needed heat as it was getting colder.

I called Lee's to order gas and was informed by them that I wasn't the first customer to tell them McCracken had tried the same thing with them.

I would suggest avoiding McCracken Oil and Propane at all costs in the Raleigh area. They are dirty.

Annoyed
Wendell, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2008 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McCraken-Oil-And-Propane/Rolesville-North-Carolina-27571/McCraken-Propane-McCraken-Oil-And-Propane-McCracken-Propane-Raleigh-NC-area-trying-to-mus-401125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McCraken Oil And Propane