Complaint Review: Mcdonalds

• Reported By: Unpaid and shoeless — Chadron Nebraska
Mcdonalds
1180 U.S. 20, Chadron, NE 69337 Chadron, Nebraska USA

Mcdonalds Unpaid Chadron Nebraska

I want people to understand this is not about 30.00 this is about the principle! I worked at McDonalds for a short period of time. I will not get into the reason why I left. During my orientation we were required to order slip resistant shoes I picked out 2 pairs that I wanted.  I was told it would take a few days for them to get there. After about a week I asked the General Manager about my shoes and his response was “There was a problem and we need to get with all of you and re-do your orders because they got lost”. I said okay just let me know when you want the shoe style and size.  I ended up quitting a few days later. When I picked up my paycheck I noticed that 30.00 was taken out for shoes. So I sent an email to the Corporation manager about the issue. I received an email the next day that said you r shoes are at the store go get them. I went to the store and they handed me a box of shoes when I opened them they were not the ones I ordered and they were 2 sizes too small. I told the shift manager that these were not mine. His response was that those were the only girl shoes back there and they have 2 more pairs but there men’s size 14. (Which I do not fit as well). So I sent the corporation manager another email explaining what shoes I requested and the size and that the shoes that were there are not mine plus the cost of those shoes are 15.00 less than what they charged me. His response was I will need to talk to the general manager and I will get back to you.  I have never heard from the Corporation manager since.  After about a week I called the corporate office who said “this is why we only let new people order one pair of shoes in case they don’t stick around” I decided not to get into a verbal disagreement nor tell this lady why I really quit.  The lady said she would look into it and get back to me, after waiting 2 weeks until the next payday I called again. The lady said they were still researching the issue. I finally got a phone call from the McDonalds franchise corporate office and the lady told me that my shoes were delivered to the store but they were given to another staff member. She said they would order me the correct ones and get them to me.  It has been 2 months since I received this pay check and I do not have the 30.00 or the shoes.  No one will call me back and I have not heard from them in almost a month.  I now understand why they cannot keep employees and let me say this is not the first time that someone has not gotten paid accurately or on time. I have looked all over the internet to see who I can contact in Nebraska about wage and labor issues but cannot find anything. I am very disappointed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mcdonalds/Chadron-Nebraska-69337/Mcdonalds-Unpaid-Chadron-Nebraska-1111349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mcdonalds