Complaint Review: McDonalds

McDonalds
2300 W Sunrise Blvd Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

McDonalds Cashier lied about an upcharge Fort Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE Employee: She was correct

Ordered a Sausage and Egg McMuffin meal, the cashier put me down for a LARGE orange juice (for a huge upcharge) without me asking or saying anything. I told her I didn't want that and only wanted a sprite. She changes it to a MEDIUM sprite (which still has a upcharge) but I don't notice until I reach the window. I tell her I just want the small sprite so I don't have to pay for the upcharge and she outright lied to me saying "there is still the same upcharge for a small sprite." I knew that was wrong so I asked her again, but she refused to remove the upcharge from my receipt.

This lying b**ch first tried to charge me for a LARGE oj which I never asked first and then continued to try to charge me for as much as she could. After I caught her, she just outright lied. I called the store later to confirm that a small sprite would not have an upcharge, which the manager did confirm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 03:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33315/McDonalds-Cashier-lied-about-an-upcharge-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-1076314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonalds

She was correct

AUTHOR: Tina - ()

I am an employee of Mcdonalds and have been for 3 years.  I am now a crew trainer and I come across this same situation all the time.  The price on the menu is the price for a small breakfast meal with a small coffee.  If you do not wish to get a small coffee then you are charged a drink upcharge.  I do not know what it is in Florida but in Virginia it is 19 cents.  The manager you spoke to was obviously an idiot and the cashier was correct. She should have asked you what size you wanted instead of automatically putting large but she was correct in stating that it didnt matter because you were to be charged the drink upcharge.