Complaint Review: McDonalds

2345 El Cajon Blvd San Diego, California United States of America

McDonalds Major Food Poisoning. Beware! San Diego , California

*Consumer Suggestion: That brings back fond memories

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Food Poisoning

*Author of original report: McDonalds Food poisoning update!

*Consumer Comment: doctor

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: McDonalds should be shut down world wide... PERIOD

*Consumer Suggestion: Their "food" is designed that way

I went to this McDonalds on the night of April 8th, 2011.  I ordered a large McFlurry and one Filet-O-Fish sandwich.  I came through the drive through, paid, and left.  Now here is where things go horribly wrong.

I came home to eat what I just bought.  I ate the McFlurry myself.  Everything was fine.  Then I split the Filet-O-Fish sandwich with my girlfriend.  We both eat it.  Well the next day, I feel horrible.  I have the runs non stop throughout the day.  My stomach hurt and was very upset also.  My girlfriend had the same exact symptoms and that is the only food that we shared all week.

I called McDonalds the day I got sick and all the guy said was that he was "the manager" but there was a manager above him that I needed to talk to in order to resolve my complaint.  He told me to call the next day so I did.  All I got was the run around and the head manager was never there.

This place should be shut down.  Either they are not using proper sanitation when preparing their food or their food is just rotten.  And the service I received afterward was just horrible.  This wasnt just a hair in my soup, this was full on food poisoning that could have killed me had I been a child or someone with a weak immune system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2011 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McDonalds/San-Diego-California-92104/McDonalds-Major-Food-Poisoning-Beware-San-Diego-California-716092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McDonalds

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That brings back fond memories

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

That brings back fond memories of some biscuits and gravy I got from dq that sat in the car for a few hours before I could consume them!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Food Poisoning

AUTHOR: Jes0125 - (U.S.A.)

Well, I'm glad the health inspector investigated.  I'm not surprised they didn't find anything.  While I am sure there are "dirty" McDonald's out there the ones I worked at (about a half dozen locations on both coasts of the US) are very big on cleanliness ans sanitation.

The biggest problem I have found with McD's in general is the lack of following the hold time guidelines for food.  No one likes to waste food and when the waste comes out of your profit there is a large motivation to follw the "hold until it's sold" method instead of wasting the food when the hold time has expired.

I'm not sure how far away you live from the restaurant, how long it took you to finish your McFlurry before you started on the sandwich etc. but I really wouldn't recommend holding onto fast food for a long time before you consume it.  Even if the proper hold times were observed at the location you made your purchase at it does not take much time for a fish sandwhich to pick up some nasty bacteria.

Don't forget to wash your hands before you eat too!  A lot of painful stomach cramps could be avoided if people made sure to wash before touching food they are about to cosume.

Good luck and I hope this doesn't put you off Filet's (they're yummy when they are fresh!).  I came down with FP after eating a pepperoni pizza and even though intellectually I know it was unlikely that the pizza was the actual culprit I still haven't eaten another pepperoni pizza in 25 years!

McDonalds Food poisoning update!

AUTHOR: whistleblower - (United States of America)

Well, the San Diego health department called me back.  They asked me about 10 minuets worth of questions and said they would update me if and when they decide to do an investigation or notify Mcdonalds of the complaint.

A couple days after that, the San Diego health department called me back once again to notify me that they inspected the premises and reminded the management and owner/owners of the food guidelines on the books.  They told me they didnt find anything at that visit but that doesnt mean nothing is wrong.  The lady told me that other businesses have been inspected and came up clean, only to get reported again with evidence of undercooked food, unclean handling practices, etc.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE report this business OR ANY business if you get sick after eating there.  Thats the only way to effect change.  In San Diego, here is the link to report these guys!

doctor

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Did you go see a doctor and have them test for food poisoning? Unless you have some sort of medical evidence mcdonald's is not under any sort of obligation to help you. Without proof, your claim has no merit.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

McDonalds should be shut down world wide... PERIOD

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

Speaking to a lead manager probably isn't going to get you very far.  As a teenager I briefly worked for a McDonalds in Spokane, WA.

I worked the registers at the counter, the ones in front of the heat lamp case where the pre-made and special order stuff sits.  Special order comes in through the drive thru and gets made, cook sends it down a little fast and the burger ends up on the floor out of the wrapper.  The lead manager was was who picked this bit of now trash up, reassembled and rewrapped it and put it back under the heat lamps to sit until the rest of the order was complete.  Apparently he didn't think any of the employees had seen all of this.  I grabbed the burger, smashed it in the wrapper and threw it in the trash can and asked the cook to make another.

Needless to say that manager fired me for throwing out a hamburger that had been all over the floor.  I called and reported them to the department of health.  Since that day I cannot even stand to be in the same room as someone eating McDonalds food.  This incident was 16 years ago and I still get sick seeing the commercials on TV.

The best advice I can give you is to call your local department of health and report what happened, if you went to the E.R. give them copies of all your discharge paperwork including the diagnosis and prescriptions!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Their "food" is designed that way

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (USA)

In my opinion, Mcdonald's has designed their food in such a way that it is "easy in/easy out".  This is to maximize profits.

I usually get the same symptoms much quicker from all their food.  From the filet-old-fish to the synthetic milkshakes.

And that is a McRIPOFF!