contrary

• Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010

• Reported By: steamed in NY — New York United States of America
McGee Preowned Superstore
32 Schoosett Street Pembroke, Massachusetts United States of America

McGee Preowned Superstore Unethical and Childish Used Car Dealer Pembroke, Massachusetts

Now I've seen everything.  I called this dealer to inquire about an internet listing for a 2005 Honda Pilot-  listed price $14,209.  I asked for the Carfax Report on the vehicle and the first person would not provide it,  unless I drove there [about 6-7 hours]  because their fax machine was "broken."  The second person I spoke to simply said they will not provide the report unless the person came in to their dealership.

The real problem surfaced during our conversation, when he casually mentioned a $5,000 amount.  After some verbal fencing,  he conceded that the $5,000 dollar cost was in addition to the listed price.  When I pointed out that his listing made no mention of any additional dealer costs,  other than tax, title and registration,  he became a little nasty,  asking me if I had a problem with the cost because I had bad credit.  I stated several times I was not interested in the vehicle at that price and attempted to end the call.  He then stated that he'd made a mistake and the additional cost was actually $7,000,  making the cost of the advertised $14,209 SUV actually $21, 209!  This seemed very unethical to me-  as he had lured me in to his web,  with a listed price in an advertisement which did not mention any additional fees- - and then jacked up the price by $7,000.  It may or may not be illegal,  but it shows bad faith and willingness to mislead the public.

I had intended to list this dealer on Rip-off Report,  but decided it was too time-consuming,  when an hour later,  I received a telephone call from the same salesman- - pretending to be someone else and pretending to be from another dealership [bless caller ID]!!!  He then said I had called about a SUV and been "mean" to the salesman.  What a childish move- -  prank calls from a dealership.  The prank call made me decide it WAS worth my time to warn other potential customers to steer clear of these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2010 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McGee-Preowned-Superstore/Pembroke-Massachusetts-/McGee-Preowned-Superstore-Unethical-and-Childish-Used-Car-Dealer-Pembroke-Massachusetts-600969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McGee Preowned Superstore