Complaint Review: MCM, MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT, INC., MIDLAND FUNDING LLC

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By:lake elsinore California
MCM, MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT, INC., MIDLAND FUNDING LLC
8875 AERO DR. #200 SAN DIEGO, California U.S.A.

MCM, MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT, INC., MIDLAND FUNDING LLC HARASSED BY MIDLAND CREDIT! COLLECTING FALSE DEBT! SAN DIEGO CA, LOS ANGELES CA AND OAKS PA. California, PENNSYLVANIA

*Consumer Comment: Midland Funding

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Patience and you can actually get Midland off your Credit Report

*Consumer Comment: Statutute of Limitatation

*Consumer Comment: Shut Down Midland Funding LLC for good!!!

*General Comment: rip off company

*Consumer Comment: I LOVE DIPPY PEOPLE

*Consumer Comment: I LOVE DIPPY PEOPLE

It must be great being Victor from Midland Credit Management, Inc. oh I mean MCM in Oakes, PA oh I mean Midland Funding LLC oh I mean MCM Credit Reporting Dept San Diego CA!!!!!!!!!

This company is trying to collect 40% of a so called debt of $4,732.00. They said that they purchased an old Citibank debt on Nov. 2007 and that the debt went into collections on August 1997! They are NUTS! Citibank states that this account was discharged in 1997.

Be aware of these folks! Don't pay the bill without researching and questioning it first.

Anyone starting a Classaction Law Suit? Be happy to join!

Chris
lake elsinore, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MCM-MIDLAND-CREDIT-MANAGEMENT-INC-MIDLAND-FUNDING-LLC/SAN-DIEGO-California-92123/MCM-MIDLAND-CREDIT-MANAGEMENT-INC-MIDLAND-FUNDING-LLC-HARASSED-BY-MIDLAND-CREDIT-COLL-290656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MCM, MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT, INC., MIDLAND FUNDING LLC

Midland Funding

AUTHOR: ceaves - (United States of America)

I will have to do some research, but I do believe I have had 1 or 2 lawsuits against me from these people.  It's been so long ago, and I think only 1 judgement is filed against me.  I know when they were trying to get blood, I was on disability & just had back surgery.  I had also been terminated from my job for being on disability, so I had no income other than welfare.  I know it's supposed to be against the law to be fired while on disability, but unless you have the money to sue them, not even the EEOC will help.  But, I will do the research because I know one of the cases against me I didn't even receive the summons for court.  I'm with you Chris.  Whoever the person was giving you hell @ paying your bills, thank god nothing bad has ever happened to you!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Patience and you can actually get Midland off your Credit Report

AUTHOR: MR92510 - (United States of America)

I was reading your Post about MCM Omg what a pain in the butt they are.  It took me 2.5 years of them reporting some account that was not mine at all on my credit report. The person whose account had the same name as me but lived in a different state.  After numerous attempts and letters to them asking for some kind of back-up on this debt I finally received a letter from them 5 months ago that this account would be deleted from my credit report.  Even though I received the letter it would be deleted it still took them 5 months to report that to the credit bureaus.  They say they are located in San Diego which they are not they have people from india answering the calls.

I found by making them send me back up of the account that I never had over and over again they finally had to remove it.

I hope this helps they are bad people and they are a pain in the butt to get removed from your credit report!

Statutute of Limitatation

AUTHOR: chas - (United States of America)

There are statute of limitations for collecting debts(In CA its 4 years). These companies are trying to trick people into paying debts no longer legal owed and in some cases never owed. We don't have debtor prisons if companies want their money they must sue within the statutory time limit.  Remember if MCM owed you money and was unable to pay you  it not necessarily because they are immoral people there are reason we do not have debtor prisons and set up procedure to collect debt. There are reasons why we have statute of limitations. How do you defend yourself against a debt 15 years after you paid. It would be unfair hence we have statute of limitations.

Shut Down Midland Funding LLC for good!!!

AUTHOR: stop_midland_funding_LLC - (United States of America)

In response to your complaint I started a petition to shut midland funding LLC and all of there locations down for good!

The petition site is at thepetitionsite.com Type in google search engine thepetitionsite.com and when you are in the site go to search in the site and type in Shut Down Midland Funding LLC to find my petition!

I hope you join in the fight with me!

#5 General Comment

rip off company

AUTHOR: Henry - (U.S.A.)

I agree mcm is a rip off company if you have a issue deal with your creditor not what they call there selfs collection agency..

they buy it at pennys and want to re sell it for millions

so stay away

I LOVE DIPPY PEOPLE

AUTHOR: Billcoll01 - (U.S.A.)

THE ACCT WAS NOT DISCHARGED, IT WAS CHARGED OFF DISCHARGE IS BANKO TELL US WHY YOU DONT PAY YOUR BILLS! LOOKS LIKE CHRIS IS THE ONLY RIPOFF
HERE. PS: NOBODY LOAN CHRIS ANY MONEY!! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP CHRIS!!

I LOVE DIPPY PEOPLE

AUTHOR: Billcoll01 - (U.S.A.)

HERE. PS: NOBODY LOAN CHRIS ANY MONEY!! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP CHRIS!!