Complaint Review: McMart,Inc.

• Reported By: Debbie — Woodland Park Colorado
McMart,Inc.
301 Carlson Parkway Minnetonka, Minnesota USA

McMart,Inc. sending out bad checks Minnetonka Minnesota

I received an approval from a company looking for secret shoppers. Along with the approval was a check for $1,998.75. We were to take $350.00 out for our paycheck. The rest was for the shopping trips.  We were to turn in the receipts after each one and they would reimburse us.  The bank approved the check and I payed bills with my $350.00 paycheck. After about a week I was notified that the check had been returned and I was overdrawn.

The check looks very official and legitimate. It's issued on the Bank of America, has the watermarks and everything that makes it look legit. Fooled the bank also. Anyway, I called Bank of America and found out that the account number does not exist, nor do they have branches any longer in Northbrook,IL, which is where it was issued.

We were told to call a number before we made the deposit to activate the check. We were given an ID# and a password. Perhaps to hack our computer, I don't know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McMartInc/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55305/McMartInc-sending-out-bad-checks-Minnetonka-Minnesota-1085008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McMart,Inc.