Complaint Review: Measurement Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Web:
  • Category: Employers

Measurement Inc. Project Work That Doesn't Work Out Durham North Carolina

*Author of original report: No Change

Measurement Inc. contracts with states to grade exams.  In the spring of 2012, I was hired to be one of these graders for a potential six-week project.

The client state, New Jersey, had tested middle-schoolers on their grasp of English.  They were to write a reactionary essay based on a given topic.  We were to grade these papers on a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 was hideous and 5 was exceptional. We were divided into teams of about eight, with one group leader. While the extremes were easy to spot, it was the essays in the middle ground which were tougher, and the group leaders were not helpful about determining a 3 from a 4, or a 2 from a 3, or any combination thereof.

My group leader wanted to single me out as the "bad apple," claiming I didn't know what I was doing and I would be released from the project if I didn't improve.  After a week of test essays to grade, he determined I was not fit for this kind of work and I was summarily fired--this was after I'd already been unemployed for weeks and struggled just to get this!

Adding insult to injury is the fact that North Carolina sucks for jobs, no matter how much they advertise otherwise.  Never apply for any job with these con artists: they want to run their own little club, wasting everyone's time and effort, and stealing state monies for work that should never have been farmed out to begin with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Measurement-Inc/Durham-North-Carolina-27701/Measurement-Inc-Project-Work-That-Doesnt-Work-Out-Durham-North-Carolina-1106593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Measurement Inc.

No Change

AUTHOR: Leo - ()

I still haven't changed my mind about this.