Complaint Review: Meathead Movers

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: rippedoffbymeatheadmovers — San Luis Obispo California
Meathead Movers
3600 S Higuera St San Luis Obispo, California USA

Meathead Movers Broke and tore apart close to $600 desk and ripped me off with price San Luis Obispo California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Issue Resolved

*Author of original report: Money payed

I used Meathead Movers before to do a few hour job and I had a good experience. So I used them again to do an easier job than the first, which only took two hours including putting my enormous desk back together, assuming that the job would take less than two hours. The first job was moving from my house (which was difficult to move from) to a three story townhouse (where the complex was nearly impossible to get into and my room being on the top floor through a very narrow staircase). This job took two hours as quoted. The second move, a much easier move into a storage unit, took almost four and a half hours. Most of the time was spent with the movers trying to figure out how to move my desk, which the first movers had no problem with. Not only did these movers tear my desk apart into almost every individual element that the desk was comprised of, but the desk was broken and roughly handled. [continued below]....

..... Also many of the specialized pieces that held it together were missing. This nearly $600 desk was severely damaged, not to mention my dresser which was also neglegently handled and damaged. The storage unit was also a disaster. I gave specific instruction on what items I needed at the front of the unit (also these items were labled) but half of the items that I needed were still put in the back.

Since I have contacted the moving company, not yet knowing about the severely damaged desk, and I was blown off. After moving from the storage unit into my new house (which only took an hour and a half in equal conditions) I found the desk which the very professional movers of a different company remarked that it looked like it had been "kicked apart". Again, trying to get some repairation from Meathead Movers I called and after refusing to be blown off again I finally got in touch with someone who had me jumping through hoops and sending pictures just to be blown off again as the person that I was in contact with stopped replying to my emails.

I would not suggest using these movers, especially because of their high prices and inexperience (one of the movers jokingly told me that they only had to watch a training video and this after I had been with them for four unneccesary hours).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meathead-Movers/San-Luis-Obispo-California-93401/Meathead-Movers-Broke-and-tore-apart-close-to-600-desk-and-ripped-me-off-with-price-San-1065389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meathead Movers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Asteed - ()

I am so happy we were able to clear up the misunderstanding and that you are now happy! It’s always hard when damage occurs once the items are out of our hands, but we never want a client to be unhappy, so I’m glad we were able to take care of you. We look forward to your next move and are happy we’re still your company of choice!

Money payed

AUTHOR: rippedoffbymeatheadmovers - ()

After seeing my reviews, Meathead Movers have contacted me and decided to send me a reasonable check (minus a deductable) for my desk.