Complaint Review: Mediacom

Mediacom
Apache Junction, Arizona USA

Mediacom WORST INTERNET SERVICE EVER! Apache Junction Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Service

To start this off my family has been Mediacom victims for around 10 years with internet and cable but just internet for the past 6 years. I wish hope and prey this letter finds the right person or entity to help us with our problem. Our service is horrible to say the least, when it gets cold the internet drops and I have to call a service tech out and it will be "fixed" for a short time then it will go back to the same old slow or no internet at all. I have called Mediacom well over a hundred times and it's just futile because they will say they don't see a problem on there end. I have changed out my modem, router, cables... You name it and I have tried it. So now Mediacom's new scam is they now charge if you go over your download allowance ours is 250gb a month. Tonight's problem lead me to write this report. I called Mediacom because our speed was down to a crawl I told them to send out a tech after all of the normal BS they put you through like "have you tried unplugging and restarting your modem?" Grrrr!!!! That just infuriates me! So the woman tells me that I will be charged $150 if the tech finds no problem when he gets out here. WHAT?!?!? My internet works off and on off and on so if he comes out and it's working I'm charged a fee? This is insane!!! So now I cancelled the service call because I'm afraid I'll get charged. I just don't know what to do,,, we have no other ISP to turn too it's really unfair and I feel like a victim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2013 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Apache-Junction-Arizona-85119/Mediacom-WORST-INTERNET-SERVICE-EVER-Apache-Junction-Arizona-1098231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Service

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hello Rsc938,

I apologize for the level of service you have recieved thus far. I assure you this is not the level of service in which we expect any of our customers to experience. We will be more than happy to look into these issues for you and address them accordingly. As for the charge you were told by the representative on the phone. I can assure you, any charge the tech would add to your account will not be $150. If the tech finds that any issues you are having are being caused by your equipment, you will be charged $30 for the vist. Our Social Media Team will look over everything on youer accopunt and equipment and determine if a service tech is needed and proceed accordingly. Please send us an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com and we will be happy to assist you however we can.

Mediacom Social Media Team