Complaint Review: MEDIACOM

6300 Council St NE Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA
  • Phone: 888) 847-6228
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

MEDIACOM Subcontracted Broadband Co Day one: Install day, they send a sub contractor here to do install. They had specific directions to contact landlord when they got here to gain access to roof. Sub contractor had already jimmied the roof door(breaking it) when he knocked at our door. Was hooking up our box and broke the picture auxillary in the back of my tv, then rigged the box so we would have a picture. But now our tv is no longer capable to hook up DVD player or game system. Then the "installer" refused to do the install in our bedroom, while openly giving us information about his criminal background as if we cared. Once he left we called Mediacom every 2 hours trying to get a hold of a supervisor. Over the last week I would say over 100 calls have been made to try to get someone "in charge" on the line to fix their mistakes, and are yet to have any resolution.  More and more and more unsuccessful calls to Mediacom. Met face to face with a Mediacom supervisor and hr is basically standing behind these crooks he has subcontracted, instead of acknowledging the paying customer who has been mistreated and have technically been vandalized. That's the short version so far Cedar Rapids Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: I filed a report w/the BBB for problems w/Mediacom

*UPDATE Employee: Service

Day one: Install day, they send a sub contractor here to do install.  They had specific directions to contact landlord when they got here to gain access to roof.  Sub contractor had already jimmied the roof door(breaking it) when he knocked at our door.  Was hooking up our box and broke the picture auxillary in the back of my tv, then rigged the box so we would have a picture.  But now our tv is no longer capable to hook up DVD player or game system.  Then the "installer" refused to do the install in our bedroom, while openly giving us information about his criminal background as if we cared.  Once he left we called Mediacom every 2 hours trying to get a hold of a supervisor.  Over the last week I would say over 100 calls have been made to try to get someone "in charge" on the line to fix their mistakes, and are yet to have any resolution.  Wednesday they were to send a "Mediacom" tech to our house to finish our install in bedroom, only to have the same idiot that broke our tv at our door, he spliced cable and ran 100 ft of cable around our couch...down the middle of hallway, around the back of our bed, behind the heater to the tv on dresser.  He did not turn tv on to check connection and just scurried out the door.  We turn on tv and have only 22 channels.  More and more and more unsuccessful calls to Mediacom.  Met face to face with a Mediacom supervisor and hr is basically standing behind these crooks he has subcontracted, instead of acknowledging the paying customer who has been mistreated and have technically been vandalized.  That's the short version so far

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MEDIACOM/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52402/MEDIACOM-Subcontracted-Broadband-Co-Day-one-Install-day-they-send-a-sub-contractor-here-1092955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MEDIACOM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I filed a report w/the BBB for problems w/Mediacom

AUTHOR: Rubinski1965 - ()

In May of 2012 I had major service outage issues with Mediacom.  After several calls to Customer Servive (during which I was given incorrect info 3 times; once resulting in my having to make what turned out to be a wasted trip to their office) and 2 home service appts. by tech reps, the issues were still unresolved.

At this point, I filed a complaint with the BBB.  The next thing I knew, I received several calls from a supervisor (a request that  had previously been denied to me by the cust svc reps when I when would ask to speak to one) who basically started kissing my butt in order to keep my service.  The problem was then quickly located the next time a tech rep came to the house (bad drop line on the outside of the house) and immediatley resolved.  The company even went to the great length of actually crediting my bill for an entire month's worth of service, which was was amazing, as I'm sure you know how hard it is to ever convince them that they owe you for loss of services and to get them to take anything off the bill.

So that is my advice to you; contact the BBB. It was very quick and easy to file my complaint online, and taking this step was evidentally exactly what I needed to do to get results.  Good luck!

Service

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hello BethAnne,

We do understand your frustrastion with the issues you had with the install technician. I assure you this is not the level of service we expect any of our custoemrs to experience. We will be happy to look into this for you and forward this to the correct department to address accordingly. Can you send us an email with your account or phone number, as well as a good contact number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com?

Mediacom Social Media Team