continually

• Updated: Sun, October 20, 2013

• Reported By: Disappointed — Cedar Rapids Iowa
Mediacom
cedar rapids, Iowa USA

Mediacom Mediacom Internet Deceptive Practices Exorbitant Rates Forced Reduction in Delivery Service cedar rapids Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: Service

After tonight, I do not plan to use a service that I have had for over a decade.

Recently, Mediacom, in an attempt to save themselves money and to ostricize long-time customers, forced existing customers to take a reduction in provided services while charging the same amount of money.  Greedy.  I had unlimited internet, until one day, a message pops up on my browser saying that Mediacom was now reducing everyone's internet (rather than grandfathering anyone in).  The wording showed how little they care for our opinion.  It basically said that if I didn't like it, tough, I can call in and cancel my internet.  That is a HORRIBLE way to run a business.

This was all a few months ago.  Tonight, while installing a security system, I get a popup that says I have used 85% of my internet for this month...RIDICULOUS.  I do not download anything.  I have a thermostat that uses the internet, fire detectors and an alarm that do the same; I just installed a security system that broadcasts on the internet as well.  I play a ton of XBOX and PS3, as well as stream Netflix constantly.  The culprit is probably Netflix, as you are techinically downloading every MB of service that you watch.

So, let this be a warning to people that love to stream Netflix and have Mediacom; YOU WILL GET NEAR OR GO OVER YOUR LIMITS SIMPLY BY WATCHING TV.  That's right!  I'm even a single guy and am about to go over my mediacom limit.  Try having a family.  You will certainly go over your limits.  I even have PRIME.  I pay 80 bucks a month, and am going over limits so that Mediacom can make more money while not having to provide any more services, and using current  and past infrastructure without having to put any more money into it's current system.  Again, ridiculous and greedy.

Tomorrow I will be searching for and changing providers.  The internet has always been very good, don't get me wrong.  But any provider that wants to limit my service then needs to compensate me in kind; When I lived in Australia and there were similar limits on internet, the cost was less than 20 a month....AUD.  At the time, it was equivalent to 15 USD.  I'm paying 4 times that for the same amount of Gigabytes.  Terrible, terrible, terrible.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2013 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/cedar-rapids-Iowa-52404/Mediacom-Mediacom-Internet-Deceptive-Practices-Exorbitant-Rates-Forced-Reduction-in-Deliv-1093311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Service

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

We do understand your frustration with the changes in the data allowances. I assure you we do not want to lose you as a customer and will do whatever we can to assist you however we can. Can you send us an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com?

Mediacom Social Media Team