Complaint Review: Mediacom

Mediacom
115 N Industrial Park RD Excelsior Springs, Missouri USA

Mediacom 6 months of internet disconnects Excelsior Springs Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Service

I moved to Marceline in February of 2013. I contacted the local cable company Mediacom for service. I ordered cable and internet services through them. I went through many cable boxes and many tech visits. Each time they would bring me a new box. I would estimate that it took approx. 3 months to get working cable tv service. At which point I was never credited for the time I did not have service.

Starting the 3rd month when my tv service started working, my internet service stopped working. I have put in an estimated 7-8 tech calls regarding extrememly frequent internet disconnections. The service disconnects as frequent as 2-5 minutes apart and 30-50 times a day. The service is unusable. Several techs have been out and they have escalated the issue. My last tech was out last week and he told me that if the service was not working my last Thursday I should call them back. I did call them as I was still having disconnects. While I was on the phone with the tech support my internet monitor logged over 10 disconnects. They scheduled an appointment for today. At all the previous visits my wife had dealed with the techs. Today I took off early from work so that I would be able to talk to the tech directly. The tech never showed up. My appointment was scheduled from between 1-5pm today.

At 4:30pm I received an email stating that my appointment was cancelled. I called the customer service line to inquire as to why. The rep told me that the tech stated he had tried to call me and I did not answer several calls and that no one was home. I told the rep that I've been home and I have not missed any calls. I have been home for several hours. And to top it off, there are several people here with me and no one ever seen a tech show up. This was definetly the icing on the cake. I'm finished with Mediacom. 6 months later and I still don't have the service I paid for 6 months ago.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Excelsior-Springs-Missouri-64024/Mediacom-6-months-of-internet-disconnects-Excelsior-Springs-Missouri-1090484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Service

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hello,

The level of your service you have recieved thus far is not what we expect any of our customers to experience. Our Social Media Team will be more tha happy to look into and address these issues for you. Can you send us an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com

Mediacom Social Media Team