Complaint Review: Mediacom

Mediacom
Mediacom Park, New York USA

Mediacom Liars, thieves and just bad service! Mediacom Park New York

*UPDATE Employee: Mediacom Support

For 5 1/2 months since cancelling my service after more than 6 years of using Mediacom, they thank me for my business by "writing off" the balance on my account that they owe me.

That's right - if they owe you money and it's a small amount, they don't deem it worth their while to refund what they owe you and "write it off."

I have called for 5 1/2 months and they told me this policy and when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that she or he would override this policy and they were sending a check out for the sum of my balance. They have lied to me repeatedly! I have not received a check. Each time I get the same story. That's stealing! If I owed them money, they would most certainly demand it, even if it is a small amount.

This is plain and simple, stealing. It is unethical and poor business practice. Whoever heard of a company that if you owe them money, you need to pay, but if they owe you money, they don't?

And then, if stealing wasn't bad enough, they have lied repeatedly! I guess they figure that after a certain amount of time, I will just give up and stop calling. One customer service rep even told me the supervisor wasn't available but he or she would call me the next day - never happened.

Who ever heard of not giving someone back the balance on their account, or even the change due with a purchase?

Scoundrels!

And it's not like their service is that good - in fact, it's pretty darn bad sometimes. Several times during the years I had them as my ISP I was without email service for weeks at a time before I could get anyone who spoke decent English and knew what they were doing to help me!

The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and their escalation system for resolving internet problems is totally dysfunctional.

Mediacom - no ethics, bad business policies, dishonest, incompetence, very poor communication - I do not recommend this company if you have a choice!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Mediacom-Park-New-York-10918/Mediacom-Liars-thieves-and-just-bad-service-Mediacom-Park-New-York-1114377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Mediacom Support

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hi Cindy

Thanks for brining this issue to our attention. Please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will be happy to review your account to find out what is going on here. I look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved!

Thanks