Complaint Review: Medical Discount Direct

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 13, 2012

• Reported By: Scammedbymedicaldiscountsdirect — bonney lake Washington United States of America
Medical Discount Direct
3400 Irvine Ave. Ste 104-B Newport Beach, California United States of America

Medical Discount Direct, Medical Discounts Direct gave a quote for a service, charged a deposit, then denied the service and kept the deposit. Newport Beach, California

I contacted Medical Discounts Direct for an advertised medical procedure. The advertised price was exactly $3,960. Gloria Sceberras responded to me and sent a questionnaire by e-mail. I filled it out and sent it back. At the top of the form I listed the procedure as Cosmetic in bold. The questionnaire explained that my best quote so far was for $12,000 for a specialist.

Gloria calls me and tells me that it's my lucky day - she can arrange the surgery for me for between $5,500 and $6,000. She says she just needs a $1,500 deposit to start things moving. She told me that I would have the deposit returned if the surgeons could not accommodate me, saying "You won't have to pay for something you're not getting".

Later, I get a call saying that the surgeons for the $6,000 quote did not do cosmetic procedures, but Gloria from Medical Discounts Direct has already sent my info to a team of surgeons that charge $17,000 (and are not, in my opinion, specialized or competent in the procedure I wanted).

She said that approximately $800 of my deposit had been used by surgeons looking at my questionnaire and 6 photos of my legs. No physical consultation ever took place.

I sent two e-mails asking for my deposit back, or for the promised service to be provided. She has stopped responding to me.

Please be warned about Gloria Sceberras from Medical Discounts Direct, I believe they scammed me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2012 01:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Medical-Discount-Direct/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Medical-Discount-Direct-Medical-Discounts-Direct-gave-a-quote-for-a-service-charged-a-de-838220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Medical Discount Direct