Complaint Review: megaprize@live.com

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: BethWV — Hurricane West Virginia
megaprize@live.com
1111 Constitution Ave NW Washington, Dist of Columbia USA

megaprize@live.com Dave SawyerConsumer Affairs Division PCH mega win $1,000,000--NOT! I received an email stating I had won a million and looked legitimate from PCH Clearinghouse. I have never received one before that looks so authentic. Of course they are asking for a fee of $1000 despite I am the winner of a million. Washington DC

I received an email on Aug. 26, 2013 that appears authentic from PCH (Publishers Clearing House) I play their sweeps all the time, so it appears real. It almost reads authentic, then there are some sentences that just do not read correct english. The letter states that I  am the mega winner of $1,000,000.

However, they claim that they could not find a place to reach me to bring me my check, and they tell me to contact the IRS to pay a fee they call "Check Insurance Certificate". Once that fee is paid then they claim I will receive my payment check within 24 hours. I called the number they gave and got a recording that I could not even make out of a foreigner's voice. Of course I left a message saying, "Are you kidding me!".

The first email signature is Dave Sayer, while the second signature says Dave Sawyer. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of these scammers, they need to serve jail time for fraud using a Corporation's name. If I were to do such, I know I would be prosectued.

I have a copy I scanned and would love to post it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/megaprizelivecom/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia-20004/megaprizelivecom-Dave-SawyerConsumer-Affairs-Division-PCH-mega-win-1000000-NOT-I-r-1079589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on megaprize@live.com