fraction

• Reported By: anonymous — Albuquerque New Mexico
MEINEKE CAR CARE CENTER # 935
13707 SW Pacific Hwy #100 Tigard, Oregon USA

MEINEKE CAR CARE CENTER # 935 Meineke Tigard, OR Bait and switch Tigard Oregon

I took my car in for an oil change (which I had a prepaid coupon for) and to have them evaluate the car since I had just purchased it. No other services were authorized or requested. My first hint that this was not going to be a good visit should have happened when the manager of the last few years was no longer there and the company had brought in a different manager.

The manager called me to tell me that he had invested a lot of time to get into the cabin filter and that it was very dirty. He wanted to replace it even though I said I had not asked them to look at the filters and that this was not authorized work. He claimed that he would have to leave the car apart and I would wait an extended period for him to show me the filter and replace it. Pressured, I agreed to for him to change the filter as I did not have time to wait for the car when I returned.

He quoted me $40 on the phone but charged me $50 upon arrival. Filter he showed me was hardly dirty. The part cost $10 retail so he must have paid less for it. A filter company shows on Youtube how to do the change. It takes one and a half minutes to change from start to finish and is very simple.

I was lied to. I was overcharged. I received services that I did not authorize.

Do not visit this shop. Prior to this visit, I had no problems with the previous manager.

You enter this facility at your own risk!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MEINEKE-CAR-CARE-CENTER-935/Tigard-Oregon-97224/MEINEKE-CAR-CARE-CENTER-935-Meineke-Tigard-OR-Bait-and-switch-Tigard-Oregon-1129152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MEINEKE CAR CARE CENTER # 935