Complaint Review: Meineke Car Service Center

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: Phil. A — Lynn Massachusetts
Meineke Car Service Center
411 Broad Street Lynn, Massachusetts USA

Meineke Car Service Center AKA Ruben Gomez and Ramon Gomez The Timing Belt broke, and while my car was there they replaced my Engine with a junk that doesn't work Lynn Massachusetts

On March 28th 2013 I purchaed a BJ's car Batery, on March 29th I purchaed Spark Plugs and tuned up my 2006 PT Cruiser and put in the new Batery, on 3-31-13 my timing Belt broke 1/2 a mile from my house, I had it Towed home and on April 2nd Set out to get prices from the local Auto Service Shops and found that Meineke Offered a better price.

I told Ramon to call me with the price, I was never called, when I got there I was told by Ruben that they ran the Engine and fund that two valves needed to be replaced, I was quoted $ 1,200.00 I reminded him that this was the reason I wanted them to call me, I'm on a fixed Income (I was never called)

When I had my PT Cruiser towed home and checked it I found that my Engine had been removed and a junk Engine was put in, I called the Police Dept. to make sure that the Engine wouldn't dissapear but they sugested going to Small Claims Court, I contacted them about my Engine and of cause they denied it, I took pictures and reported it to the Attorney Genaral's Office, who they ingnored.

I made a list of the things missing including items from the passager compartment, got an Attoney and they decided to put my car in the same condition it was in, I don't trust them to fix my car back to the condition it was in including the Timing Belt I paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke-Car-Service-Center/Lynn-Massachusetts-01901/Meineke-Car-Service-Center-AKA-Ruben-Gomez-and-Ramon-Gomez-The-Timing-Belt-broke-and-wh-1063667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke Car Service Center