Complaint Review: Meineke

• Phone: 614-799-8500
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Meineke Overcharged because I was a Woman Dublin, Ohio

I went to Meineke 04/14/2013 to get my brakes done because they were having that 50%off brakes and pads. Well the joke was on me, they tried to charge me 1,600.00 for some d**n brake pads, rotors and brake calibers for the rear. I informed him there's no way i'm going to pay that price for some d**n brakes, he then asked how much can I pay? I informed him no more then 500.00. He then stated well let me talk to my tech to see what we can do, and came back with a price of 660.00. WTF, why wouldn't you give me that price before, I felt like I was being hustled, I told him NO Thank YOu just put my car back the way it was. Then he told me that he didn't think it was safe for me to leave and wanted me to sign a paper that stated that. LOL I felt like he tried to keep me hostage.  I asked why so much, Chris Early stated it wasn't because of labor it was the amount of the claibers which he priced at 250.00. I took it upon myself to look at the claibers as well as the rotors and brake pads pricing everything that I need to fix my car at 265.00. Contacted Hobbs Repair Shop and they charged me 90.00 for everything. It's good to know that there are good mechanics that don't try to take advantage of you because your a woman. I would stay far far far away from this shop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meineke/Dublin-Ohio-/Meineke-Overcharged-because-I-was-a-Woman-Dublin-Ohio-1043399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meineke