Complaint Review: meineke

• Submitted: Fri, May 30, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2014

• Reported By: porkchop — montgomery Alabama
5700 Atlanta Hwy montgomery, Alabama USA

meineke won't honor advertised policy and lied about need for brakes montgomery Alabama

I went to this place due to a banner ad on the building which says they will match any other shop's price.  I also had a meineke coupon on my smart phone.  I got my oil changed and on checkout they refused to take the phone coupon, saying they only take paper coupons (despite the website saying they take smartphone coupons).  I said, okay, you match competitors, so I gave them the name of a nearby shop with an advertised $19.99 oil change, but they refused to match it.  No explanation.  Then they told me that the technician said my rear brake pads were so worn that it would be dangerous to drive the car.  I left and took my car to Costco, where I get tires.  They checked the brakes and said the pads looked "almost new".

I filed a report with BBB but the owner never even responded to my complaint.  I would never go here again, and hope others will heed this warning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2014 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/meineke/montgomery-Alabama-36117/meineke-wont-honor-advertised-policy-and-lied-about-need-for-brakes-montgomery-Alabama-1150823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on meineke