Complaint Review: meineke

• Updated: Thu, March 03, 2011

• Reported By: nwb — oceanside California United States of America
meineke
1816 mission ave oceanside, California United States of America

meineke econolube a 15 dollar oil change turned into a nightmare oceanside, California

*Consumer Comment: At least you got a deal on the oil change

i keep my car in good condition, since i travel a lot.   it was time for an oil change and i received this 15 dollar coupon from meineke so i thought i would give them a try since my regular mechanic was not available, after oil change the manager immediately started jumping up and down that i had to have my brake fluid and power steering fluid power flushed and wanted to replace fuel filter - i told him i just replaced the filter 6 months ago but he still wanted to replace it must have been on his agenda but i reluctantly let them power flush the brake and power system against my own good judgement.  so the 15 dollar oil change turned into 150 dollars.

immediately after leaving the shop my car stalled at each stop light so i took it back and they raved they did not touch the idling.   i took it to my mechanic a few days later and discovered  air hoses were loosened and a wire was broken in the air filter system  which he fixed - he also stated my power steering was overfilled and leaking at bottom hose and my valve cover gasket was leaking  i told him that there no oil in my driveway so it must be new leakage -  i  took it back to get my 90 dollars back  for the air hoses screw up - they did not want to refund money but offered a rebate if they could  fix  the problems my mechanic found,

so they replaced my power steering hose and my valve cover gasket  and then for some reason checked my rear brakes even removing the drums and said my rear brake cylinders were leaking showing me after pulling back the rubber cups- which was strange since my brake fluid was full when i first went there  i also let them clean fuel injectors and change spark plugs - it all came to 500 dollars - afterwards i noticed my power steering leaking so i took it back several times to no avail - i then went back to my mechanic and he found that the fitting on power steering was damaged and he also changed the hose again which cost another 400 dollars.

i called meineke and they stated i would have to bring in the defective part which was returned for a core charge even though i had the receipt from my mechanic - i now am convinced that meineke deliberately power flushed my brakes to blow out the rear cylinders  and power flushed my power steering to screw up the power steering pump and that they deliberately loosened my valve cover to make it leak  and also loosened my air hoses since i refused a fuel filter this would cause similar problems of stalling - i dont care about the money i just want justice so this wont happen to other good folks like a cancerous disease on the country by these parasites

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2011 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/meineke/oceanside-California-92054/meineke-econolube-a-15-dollar-oil-change-turned-into-a-nightmare-oceanside-California-702399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on meineke

At least you got a deal on the oil change

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You received sloppy work from Meineke for $150 and rewarded them with more sloppy work for an additional $500.

"my regular mechanic was not available"
"took it to my mechanic a few days later"

You mechanic was available, you just had to get that cheap oil change.