Complaint Review: Meinke

• Reported By: Jug — Westminster Massachusetts
Meinke
Dolan Street Gardner, Massachusetts USA

Meinke Free Oil Change on Veteran's Day Gardner Massachusetts

On Veteran's Day, 2013, I visited the Meineke station in Gardner, MA for the advertised free oil change for veterans.  I was advised that if my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis took more than 5 quarts of oil I would be charged $5 per quart for any oil added over 5 quarts.  I told the manager that my car, according to the owner's manual and other oil changes that I have had takes only 5 quarts so that is all that I needed.  He refused to do the free oil change for only 5 quarts.  So I told him to forger it and left.  A perfect bait and switch tactic that I have observed before my Meineke when they perform brake work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Meinke/Gardner-Massachusetts-01440/Meinke-Free-Oil-Change-on-Veterans-Day-Gardner-Massachusetts-1099255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meinke