qualified

Complaint Review: Membership Billing Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: diaz — Austin Texas
Membership Billing Services, Inc.
16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, Delaware USA

Membership Billing Services, Inc. Sends you to Collections instead of returning phone calls or emails. Lewes Delaware

Everytime I called Membership Billing Services, Inc., after a few rings, I would be sent to their voicemail.  I was never able to reach a live person even though I am calling during their business hours.  I left several voicemail messages, and I also sent a form email which is on their Contact page indicating to please call me back.  I mentioned in the voice messages and in the email that it was regarding my contract that I would like to cancel.

On their Contact page on their website, it reads this:  "At MBS, our attentive staff is always looking to answer your questions. Feel free to contact us below and we will be glad to get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you."

They never got back to me in 24 hours.  They never returned my calls or emails at all.

So I had to block my checking account from being charged because I was no longer able to continue with my athletic enrollment, and I could not arrange through them the cancellation of my contract.

Then... after a few months, they call me and say that I haven't paid for the last few months.  I tried explaining to them that I tried to contact them repeatedly.  They only call now when they want money but they don't bother to stand by what they say on their Contact page ("we will be glad to get back to you within 24 hours").

On their Facebook page, they also claim that they are "Constantly striving to meet the needs of our clients!"  I absolutely feel that is false adveristing when they cannot even do the basic things like answer the phone or return messages.  I have tried to deal with my contract with them but how am I to do that if there is no one to answer the phone or return my calls?

So when they did call me a few months later, I tried explaining to them that I sent voicemail messages and an email message and the representative coldly responds, "we never received them".  Well, how does she know?  Did she bother to even check the emails or voicemessages?  So then she tells me, "my unpaid dues will be sent to collections"!

Whatever you do, do not use Membership Billing Services, Inc.  They are scamming people by avoiding basic customer service and then blame you when want to discontinue with them for your own person reasons.  By the way, my account was current and up-to-date for at least 6 years, never late on a payment.  They don't want to hear your side of things and off to collections you go!  Avoid Membership Billing Services, Inc. all-together and pay your school/instructor directly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Membership-Billing-Services-Inc/-Lewes-Delaware-19958/Membership-Billing-Services-Inc-Sends-you-to-Collections-instead-of-returning-phone-cal-1128273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Membership Billing Services, Inc.