Complaint Review: Memory lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com

• Updated: Thu, October 24, 2013

• Reported By: Cassilynne2005 — Las Vegas Nevada
Memory lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com
333 Elliott Avenue West, Suite 500 Seattle,, Washington USA

Memory lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com UNAUTHORIZED CHANGES OF MY ACCOUNT & UNAUTHROIZED CHARGES TO MY CC Seattle, Washington

*Author of original report: UPDATED TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR CLASSMATES.COM

Classmates went in & changed my account back to auto renewal sometime after I deselected auto renewal back in 2011 (I had paid for a 2 year pass). However, recently I went online to check my bank account & noticed that Classmates charged my bank account $59.00 to renew... NO notice, statement, etc. I contacted Loa with Memory Lane & was told after I canceled my account that they don't give refunds. I then once again took my membership off auto renewal, deleted my cc; sent an email on their link (under Help Center/Paid Member/Member Care Team) to cancel my membership, & finally removed my registration & confirmed my removal. I attempted to log in after these steps & could not so I assume it worked. I'm currently disputing this charge with my bank & am filing a complaint with the Attonry General's Office.

Memory Lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com founded in 1995

CEO of Classmates online Michael J. Smith

333 Elliott Avenue West

Suite 500

Seattle, WA 98119

Phone: 425-917-5000

Fax: 425-917-5001

www.classmates.com

Memory Lane, Inc. to Pay Up to $9.5 Million to Settle Suit over Phantom Friends - Jun 24, 2012

Memory Lane, Inc. has agreed to pay up to $9.5 million to its users to settle a lawsuit that accused the social network of sending emails that made people believe their old friends from high school were reaching out to connect only to discover, after paying for a membership, that their long-lost buddies were nowhere to be found. The proposed settlement, filed in U.S. District Court in Seattle, would designate $3 in cash for every company member (dating back to Jan. 1, 2007) who upgraded to a 'gold' membership on the site after receiving an email suggesting that they pay for premium access to see who had signed their online guest books. Documents filed in the case estimate that as many as 3.16 million people in the United States would be eligible for the payout. Under terms of the proposed settlement, the company members who upgraded to premium memberships after receiving one of the 'guestbook' emails will be able to choose either a $3 cash payout or a $2 credit toward the future purchase or renewal of the company membership. Depending on how many people take the cash credit, the total payout by the company under that provision could be measurably less than the maximum $9.5 million established by the agreement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Memory-lane-Inc-dba-Classmatescom/Seattle-Washington-98119/Memory-lane-Inc-dba-Classmatescom-UNAUTHORIZED-CHANGES-OF-MY-ACCOUNT-UNAUTHROIZED-1094333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Memory lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com

UPDATED TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR CLASSMATES.COM

AUTHOR: Cassilynne2005 - ()

Memory Lane, Inc. d/b/a Classmates.com