Complaint Review: menards

menards
, Wisconsin United States of America

menards 11% rebate wisconsin, Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Rebate Policy

*Consumer Comment: rebate is a scam

*Consumer Comment: Menards Rebate

*UPDATE Employee: NOT deceptive!

How do they get away with saying that your cost for an item is such and such after your 11% rebate when the rebate is actually an is store credit for future merchandise? Aren't you actually paying full price for the item you are purchasing and they are giving you a credit of 11% for additional product? Isn't this deceptive and isn't a government agency that should be filing a deceptive advertising case against them?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2011 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/menards/-Wisconsin-/menards-11-rebate-wisconsin-Wisconsin-679218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on menards

Rebate Policy

AUTHOR: Commercial maintenance - (U.S.A.)

The terms of the rebate are clearly stated. You're not obligated to buy anything there. I'm a contractor, and spend maybe $10,000 every year at Menards. I've probably sent in a thousand rebates over the last ten years, and only had a problem once. I had purchased four appliances with a $100 rebate on each, for $400 total. The rebate I got was for $200. I usually don't bother keeping records for rebates anymore, as they have always been reliable, but for one this big I did make myself a photocopy. I mailed the photocopy in to the rebate center with a letter. It took almost three months, I had actually forgotten about it, but they sent me the remaining $200. I probably return more merchandise per year than most people buy, and I've never had a single problem. Their terms are clear and fair.

rebate is a scam

AUTHOR: ihateconartisits - (United States of America)

I spent $1200 during their 11 percent on EVERYTHING deal. after 6 weeks we got our rebate for $36. the receipt even says at the bottom we should have received $119. We went to menards where they basicly said it's not their problem, they sub contract the rebates out to rebatesinternational.com and the only way to resolve it is to email them. funny, i thought the sign said menards? I am a construction worker, so are most of my friends and family. My father is a contractor and we have spent thousands of dollars at this store over the years. needless to say, I won't be giving them another dime of my money.

Menards Rebate

AUTHOR: customerjim - (USA)

What the author is trying to say is the advertised price includes the 11% rebate.  While you say that the item is on sale and you get the rebate is somewhat true, however what they advertise is misleading.  For example, lets say your buying a sink, normally priced at 129.99, and lets say its on sale for 119.99, but when you look on the "sale flyer" you will see this sink for 106.99.  When in realilty when you go to the register your paying 119.99 NOT 106.99.  Then you have to send in your rebate for your 11%. WHICH IS NOT CASH, it is a store credit.  Truth in advertising the sale flyer should read 119.99 and 11% rebate on everything in store would be more accurate.  Most dont care because they will be shopping at menards in the future and will use their rebate anyway but it is corporate greed world and they count on 15% of people forgeting to send in rebate, losing reciept, forgeting to but a stamp on it, etc..... Same reason cell phones have "mail in rebates"

NOT deceptive!

AUTHOR: highrollinwooded - (USA)

No, most of the time the items are on SALE, AND you get an 11% rebate!! How in the world is this deceptive???? You shop for things you need, and get an 11% rebate to use in store for future purchases...ummmmmmm...Does ANY other store offer this to you?? No, they don't! Deceptive advertising....give me a break! READ the fine (actually not so tiny) print and get informed!!