Complaint Review: Menard's

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: Amy — 49668 Michigan
Menard's
4155 US 31 SOUTH Traverse City, Michigan USA

Menard's Money Thieves, made one purchase charged for additional items I never got Traverse City Michigan

I have been going to Menard's for the past 3 years for my home repair needs because of their prices. On July 9th I went to Menard's to purchase a new Water Pressure Tank for my well at the house we just purchased as the tank there is too small for our needs.

I made the single purchase, which is a special order item that you have to place the order at the Kiosk then pay for at the register. My purchase totalled $112.57. No big deal, I had the money and it was something we needed. Within moments of exiting the store my phone goes off with a text message from my bank stating my account was overdrafted. Knowing I should still have almost $100 in my account I'm freaking. I get home, check my bank account online to discover an additional charge from Menard's totaling $77.77 dated for July 9th. I contact Menard's immediately, and they show no record of any transaction besides the one for the water pressure tank. [continued below]....

..... The following day, the charge for $77.77 disappears and is replaced by a charge for $84.68. Again I contact Menard's who replies they have no records of either charge. After informing them I had already contacted the BBB I get another response from Menard's. The gentleman explains that he sees a charge for $84.68 on July 9th, purchasing smaller items and getting $50 cash back. (I never get more than $20 cash back unless I get it directly  from my bank). Yet in the following sentence the guy again denies the charges to my card.

My bank won't do anything but cancel my card for the 3rd time in a year. And the people at Menard's can't get it straight, first there was no charge, then there is, now there isn't again. I will be pushing this issue as far as I can, this is $85 dollars we're talking about, that is an entire days pay that this company stole from my bank account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Menards/Traverse-City-Michigan-49684/Menards-Money-Thieves-made-one-purchase-charged-for-additional-items-I-never-got-Traver-1066320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Menard's