Complaint Review: Merchandise Direct

• Reported By: km — New York New York United States of America
Merchandise Direct
300 Return Road Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Merchandise Direct Bank fraud by Merchandise Direct Wallingford, Connecticut

Somehow, a fulfillment company got my address and bank acct # and started sending me stuff. Last month I got face cream and Acai berry juice, along with 10 small charges on my checking account, all from different "companies" (all were less than $5). I called my bank and got the charges reversed, and had them send me a new card with a new number. Then I called the "parent" company and told them to remove my name and address from their records.

Now this month, some company calls Merchandising Direct sends me a set of four pans, to my parents address but addressed to me (I haven't lived at that address in over a decade).

I suspect the incidents are related, and I'm shocked that they have enough info on me to have an address I haven't lived at in so long. My wife and I are very internet/consumer savvy--we don't buy from telemarketers, we don't click on pop-up ads, we'd NEVER even consider something like Acai berry juice or mail-order muffin tins--so the whole thing is very shady.

If anyone knows of any investigations or lawsuits against these guys, I'd love to participate or testify.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2009 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchandise-Direct/Wallingford-Connecticut-/Merchandise-Direct-Bank-fraud-by-Merchandise-Direct-Wallingford-Connecticut-534395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchandise Direct