Complaint Review: Merchant Services USA

• Updated: Mon, January 27, 2014

• Reported By: Marci — Portland Oregon
Merchant Services USA
5727 N 7th St # 201 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Merchant Services USA - READ THE FINE PRINT!! Very Expensive RIP-OFF Rates - LOCKED ME INTO CONTRACT I NEVER SIGNED!!! Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Signed 1 Year contract NOT 3 year!!!

*Consumer Comment: Two Versions of Your Claim

I signed up with this company 9 years ago when opening a new business. They said that I would have to sign a 1 year contract which I agreed with. Well after 9 years with the company, I decided I needed to really scrunch numbers to save my business and started researching the credit card fee rates since this company never offered any kind of adjustments and what I was paying was very high. When I found another company that I really felt much better about, I called up Merchant Services and told them that I would no longer need them to process my credit cards. They told me that I was LOCKED into a contract and it would cost me $495 to break it. From what I was told originally, I was only locked into a 1 year contract, clearly after 9 years of being a loyal customer this couldn't be. They said that if I read the "FINE PRINT" I would see that my contract automatically renews itself every 3 years and locks me in for 3 years. I had just been renewed for another 3 years a week before I called. They charged me $495 to cancel my contract. The absolute WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ever - All they care about is making $$$. They could of waived this fee seeing how many years I had been with them but in the end, cost my family a lot of money that we were trying to save to begin with. We own a small family run business and this really was about as low as you can get. We are certainly not a big corporation. Regardless.....READ THE FINE PRINT about termination with the company!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2014 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merchant-Services-USA/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Merchant-Services-USA-READ-THE-FINE-PRINT-Very-Expensive-RIP-OFF-Rates-LOCKED-ME-I-1118897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merchant Services USA

Signed 1 Year contract NOT 3 year!!!

AUTHOR: Marci - ()

Customer services has you sign papers and tells you that you're only committed to one year. AFTER you sign the papers they send you an 8 page document in the mail about how your contract renews automatically and locks you into a 3 year contract. I never agreed to that nor did customer service ever mention it. This company is ran by greedy sheisters! BEWARE and be sure to read all the other complaints. ALSO - the company ONLY offered to readjust my rates when I told them I found better ones elsewhere. Why didn't they offer that up before? With my new company I am saving OVER $100 a month. So basically in 9 years, I lost over $9,000 being with this company because their rates have do many hidden fees!!!! And in the end they still wiped $495 from my account for a "broken" contract that I was never told about when I first signed up.

Two Versions of Your Claim

AUTHOR: coast - ()

“LOCKED ME INTO CONTRACT I NEVER SIGNED”

Totally contradicts…

“I signed up with this company 9 years ago”

They have the right to expect you to honor the terms of a contract you signed.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC