Complaint Review: meriSpec Home Inspection Service

• Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Truth Angel — Clayton Delaware
meriSpec Home Inspection Service
P.O. Box 862 Hockessin, Delaware USA

meriSpec Home Inspection Service, Lisa Roddis,Bruce Slody Negligent inspector,botched repair Hockessin Delaware

On October 9,2009 AmeriSpec inspected the home I was in the proccess of buying. The inspector walked on the vent pipes in the attic to which he told my husband was the proper way to walk in attic in order to inspect it. I was told by our Realtor at our settlement on October 30,2009 that the inspector broke a pipe in the attic and it was repaired by the inspector prior to settlement.  On January 26th, 2014 we noticed a wet stain in the ceiling in the same location as the pipe that was repaired by the inspector.  We called a plumbing company that same day to have them come out and take a look.  We were told by the plumber that they pipe was never replaced and was just temporarily fixed by putting epoxy putty over the cracked pipe.  The plumber fixed the pipe by taking out the completely cracked pipe and replaced it with a new one which cost me $141.50.

I called AmeriSpec on January 27, 2014 to tell them what took place and I was told that the owner of the company would call me back. [continued below]....

.....  Two days later after not hearing anything back I called again.  I was then told by the office manager that she would send me a form thru email to fill out and return.  A few days later after not receiving an email I called again to find out she sent the form to the wrong email address.  After giving them my correct email address I waited a few more days and still received nothing so I just sent the owners of the company an email stating everything that happened including pictures.  I received an email from Lisa who is the senior inspector for the company on February 6, 2014 and she acknowleded the inspector did a patch job and stated they don't provide a guarantee or warranty of any kind.  If she knew the inspector or her company could only do a patch job then they should have hired a plumbing company to fix it the correct way.  It was the inspector who worked for their company who broke the pipe.  She showed no remorse or compassion as to what happened or even aplogize or acknowledge the 11 days it took for someone to finally get back to me.

We came to the conclusion this was just a quick fix to make enough time lapse so they could claim they have no liability.  What they are failing to realize is they never fixed it correctly from the beginning and if they fixed it correctly it would have not leaked again even though this much time has lapsed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/meriSpec-Home-Inspection-Service/Hockessin-Delaware-19707/meriSpec-Home-Inspection-Service-Lisa-RoddisBruce-Slody-Negligent-inspectorbotched-repa-1121687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on meriSpec Home Inspection Service