Complaint Review: Merimac Lease

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: orbitingfred — sierra vista Arizona
Merimac Lease
100 Throckmorton St Ste 1800 Fort Worth, Texas USA

Merimac Lease First American Capital Merimac Capital Tricked Me Into a Toxic Contract Fort Worth Texas

A customer of mine had recently gotten a job at a credit card processing outfit and swore up and down that he could get me a better rate than I was paying.  I was leary but he said I could just fill out the application to see if I qualified.  Suddenly I'm getting all this information in the mail telling me welcome aboard and all that stuff.  I called them because I just submitted an application "to see if I qualified."  Well, that "application" was a binding contract with a $350 early termination fee.  To make things worse I had to lease one of their machines because they said I couldn't use mine.  The lease was the worst part of all, 45 dollars a month for 6 years, if I refuse, well that means I cough up $350.  So I put it on an autopay and forget about it.  This month nearly two years later I get a charge from them for 1770 something dollars.  They had me on autopay so they could plunder my account at any time they wanted.  That's this month's taxes, payroll, and utilities!  I can't believe what I'm seeing.  I call them up and they say I've defaulted.  When I explain that it was an autopay and that shouldn't have happened they claim they've called and sent letters.  I've never spoken to them about a default or recieved any registered letter.  What's more they say I owe another $1000 to them.  They are totally callous as to the damage they are doing and are only interested in robbing their customers blind.  I got a lot of "it's just business," and "the only thing we can do is figure out how you're going to pay us the rest," and other such answers.  These people have no morals, no souls, no humanity.  They trick you into a contract and then kill you the second something goes wrong.  I've never done business with somebody so downright evil.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2013 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merimac-Lease-/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/Merimac-Lease-First-American-Capital-Merimac-Capital-Tricked-Me-Into-a-Toxic-Contract-Fo-1094698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merimac Lease