Complaint Review: Merit Gold

• Updated: Wed, October 30, 2013

• Reported By: Jacob Edwards III — Calabasas California
Merit Gold
1300 4th Street, Suite 303 santa monica, California USA

Merit Gold MeritGold.com, Merit Financial Services, Merit Financial The Vault, Gairsoppa Brittania, Silver Brittania santa monica California

Beware of their false advertising bait then switch lowball website prices.  After a horrible experience with Aaron Salter, I began my search online for another company to purhcase a few hundred silver coins.  After seeing their commercial on Fox News for a few weeks I decided to visit the MeritGold.com website.  I placed an order online but never entered a credit card. I said to myself, that's odd.  But a few hours later and for the next three days the phone calls would not stop from their sales reps.  Their web site prices are listed very low and completed without a credit card because it is a pure bait and switch. Their sales reps, Michael and later David called get me to switch to "more profitable" or exotic coins that I did not want.  I've heard all the rare coin scams and have read enough online to know to stick with bullion.  I finally cancelled my order and told them to add me to their Do Not Call List. I very much dislike bait and switch tactics, which is exactly what Merit is all about.  I should have read their horrible reviews online first.   Avoid them at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merit-Gold-/santa-monica-California-90401/Merit-Gold-MeritGoldcom-Merit-Financial-Services-Merit-Financial-The-Vault-Gairsoppa-1095761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merit Gold