Complaint Review: Merlinda Matuszewski

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By:San Diego California United States of America
Merlinda Matuszewski
Chula Vista, California United States of America

Merlinda Matuszewski A liar and thief! Beware anyone doing business with her! Very dishonest person! Chula Vista, California

*Consumer Comment: News 10 San Diego Report

*Consumer Comment: Plead Guilty!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FALSE ALLEGATIONS BY A FORMER EX BESTFRIEND, THESE ALLEGATIONS WERE DISMISSED BY THE COURT!!!!

*Author of original report: For contact purposes

*Author of original report: If Merlinda Denies

Merlinda Matuszewski (UR DREAM HOMES, INC.) has destroyed my confidence in this field. This woman should not have a real estate license and I strongly discourage anyone from working with her.

My husband and I had located to San Diego, and had paid Merlinda a downpayment on a home that she found for us that we wanted to purchase, and she was to organize the loan for us. We had been in the home for a couple of months, and had not heard from the bank regarding any mortgage payments - so we tried contacting Merlinda. She would not take our calls, and we would go to her house on a daily basis and were continually told she was not home or was too busy to entertain us (although, I had the feeling on each visit that she was just upstairs hiding). This went on for a very long time.

Soon enough, a sign was posted on our door saying we had been evicted. We are seeking legal counsel to retrieve our down payment we paid to Merlinda. She uprooted our lives, placed a tremendous amount of stress on our family, and is not someone you want to work with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2011 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merlinda-Matuszewski/Chula-Vista-California-/Merlinda-Matuszewski-A-liar-and-thief-Beware-anyone-doing-business-with-her-Very-dishon-686355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merlinda Matuszewski

News 10 San Diego Report

AUTHOR: San Diego, California - ()

Just sharing a facts:

Realtor convicted of swindling clients sentenced

Victims speak out against Merlinda Matuszewski

Merlinda Matuszewski

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Regular Photo Size

Posted: 01/08/2013                            Last Updated:                                      179 days ago

SAN DIEGO - A realtor convicted of swindling numerous clients out of thousands of dollars was sentenced Monday.
Merlinda Matuszewski had a real estate license and a tax preparer's license that prosecutors said she used to take money from her victims.
"She took $12,000 from the Eco family as a down payment on a house, except the house was in foreclosure and the Ecos were later thrown out," prosecutor John Cross said during Matuszewski's sentencing hearing.
Convicted on eight felony counts of fraud, the 51-year-old Matuszewski, sitting in a brown jail jumpsuit, heard from two of the three victims, among them Nickel Eco.
"Merlinda, you are a swindler; stop hiding in your church pretending to be a religious person because you are a crook," he said as he read a victim impact statement.
Manny Ocampo, who also read an impact statement on behalf of his wife, said. "I'm wondering how you can sleep at night Merlinda, with so many people that you hurt."
Esurance, the online auto insurance company, was also defrauded when Matuszewski reported her 2007 Chevy Equinox stolen.
According to Cross, "Several years later, it was found in her garage covered in boxes, in poor condition and with a dead battery."
Cross also said during this whole process Matuszewski wrote letters to San Diego County District Attorney Bonnie Dumais proclaiming her innocence and how she was wrongly convicted.
The letters and a probation report, which indicated she has no hint of remorse, will keep her in jail for a year and on five years probation after that.
Matuszewski was also ordered to destroy any personal records she may have of former clients.

Plead Guilty!

AUTHOR: San Diego, California - (USA)

It is so unfortunate that you just plead guilty last month and have a sentencing

schedule on October 25, 2011 and sounds no remorse at all of your crime.

May I remind you, you accepted a plea bargain offered by the District Attorney, infront of The Honorable Judge.

Please other comments from other sites:

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: MERLINDA MATUSZEWSKI - (United States of America)

IT IS UNFORTUNATE WHEN PEOPLE FILE FOR FALSE ALLEGATIONS. AFTER YOU HAVE HELPED THEM. THERE ARE ONLY 3 PEOPLE THAT INVOLVE ON THESE FILINGS. I AM IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE FRAUD AND FRIVOLOUS. PROOFS ARE COMING MORE TO SHUT DOWN THEIR ALLEGATIONS!!!YES WE KNOW WHO YOU THREE ARE!!!

For contact purposes

AUTHOR: Donicol - (United States of America)

I have been informed that the company name I listed for Merlinda may not be valid (Ur Dream Homes, Inc). I was told this was her new company name. However, when we did business with her she was working under Mortgage Partners, Inc.

For contact purposes, my name is Alicia Eco, and my husband is Nickel.

I also wanted to mention, there are other reports on this woman. We have been in contact with those people that have been victims of Merlinda, and we all agreed to post on here to warn people. This site is designed to warn consumers, and everything we have said on here is true. We have the documents and reports to prove that, and we hope that there will justice soon.

If Merlinda Denies

AUTHOR: Donicol - (United States of America)

If Merlinda denies that this is her or that she has done this, I have official GOVERNMENT documentation to prove it is her, and what she has done to me. I have no problem sharing that.

This is Merlinda Matuszewski that lives on Wishing Star, in Chula Vista CA. Yes, there is only one Merlinda A Matuszewski, and I am aware she tries very hard to talk her way out of thingsbut it is all documented and I have numerous amounts of proof.