Complaint Review: Merrick Bank Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, June 22, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 22, 2004

• Reported By:Jackson Mississippi
Merrick Bank Corporation
10705 South Jordan Gtwy #200 South Jordan, Utah U.S.A.

Merrick Bank Corporation & Nextcard Merrick Bank ripped me off says I owe $406.00 for a $300 secured nextcard account!!! they charged me a $29 late fee for two years on a 22.92 balance and then reported to Merrick Bank! South Jordan Utah

I had a secured credit card with Nextcard. The account had a $300.00 limit and a $300.00 security deposit of my own funds. I was injured at this time in my life and was unable to work and pay my balance which was $322.92 Nextcard or whoever they are now, "Merrick Bank/Nextcard/crooks of the century" applied the $300.00 security balance to my balance OF $322.92, leaving A balance of $22.92.

After all the scam reports and the federal goverment taking over Nextcard and after Merrick Bank bought these accounts they never sent me another statement saying I owed the $22.92 they kept the account open until 04/25/2002 charging me a $29 late fee every month + no telling what else on a $22.92 balance and now on my credit reports Merrick bank has charged off as bad debt $408.00!!! This is just downright low down dirty as it gets business practices. How in the hell do I owe $408.00 to this half-ass bank for a $22.92 balance??? Someone needs ot know this is just absurd. And if that is not enough, I filed a BBB complaint against this location in Utah, I receive a call from another state from another person today 6-22-04 saying she was handling my account and offered me 60% of the balance.

Wanted me to pay $240+ dollars to settle the account! Fat chance, I will not give in to these crooks if it was ten cents! I will pay the $22.92 just to get rid of them and remove them from my credit report they have ruined with this garbage. People need to know fight back! See how I have been done do not become another victim of this scam. I will fight and continue to call and raise hell every day forever until it is resolved. Never give up!

David
Jackson, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2004 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank-Corporation/South-Jordan-Utah-84095-3977/Merrick-Bank-Corporation-Nextcard-Merrick-Bank-ripped-me-off-says-I-owe-40600-for-a-3-95921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank Corporation