Complaint Review: Merrick Bank

Merrick Bank They closed my account without any notice Old Bethpage, New York

*Consumer Comment: Make sure your elected officials know

*Consumer Comment: Same thing can be said about your rebutts Ashlee

*Consumer Comment: This bank

I am a active duty service member currently serving overseas. I originally had a account with Plains Commerce Bank but was bought out by this company, Merick Bank. They immediately notify me that my account was closed and will not be reopen since I was overseas. I tried to call the company, which was difficult due to the time change. Once I was connected to a representative, I was told that a letter would be mailed to me stating why my account was close.
I was never late in making my payments via web bill pay through my bank and always paid above the minimum balances.I feel that this company is fraudulent and should be thoroughly investigating for its corrupt practices. I have filed a complaint with the BBB against this company. I would like some resolution in this matter because there are several service members who also have accounts with this company and are having similar problems.
HM1 Wright

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/Old-Bethpage-New-York-/Merrick-Bank-They-closed-my-account-without-any-notice-Old-Bethpage-New-York-913712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank

Make sure your elected officials know

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Put heat on them to shame the issuer for doing this to active service folks. Send notices to local news outlets too.

Same thing can be said about your rebutts Ashlee

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Rebutts from you can be very harsh

This bank

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Boy, this bank is really harsh on the agreement. I read the bank's agreement on secured credit card -- http://www.mbdot.com/docs-repository/merrick-bank/Merrick-Bank-Cardholder-Agreement.pdf -- and it really favors the bank only. The bank can change anything they want to without a notice (Page 2, 4th paragraph of #1), can close an account with or without a notice to the account holder (Page 8, #13), and take sweet time to return the exceeded fund if any (Page 9, last paragraph of #16). The problem is that they bind you with their contract which might have changed from what you used to have. Even though they are unethical because they are out for money from anyone, legally, it is valid for them to do so (because of the vague contract). There is nothing you can do at this point until you find out the reason why they closed your account.