boating

• Reported By: Tired Of Getting Ripped By Merrick Bank — Stockbridge Georgia
Merrick Bank
P.O Box 30537 Tampa, Florida USA

Merrick Bank Increased interest rate without notification. Tampa Florida

I accepted a credeit card from Merrick Bank three years ago. The credit limit was 500.00. After a year and a hafl the amount was increased to 750.00 Then  within six months the credit limit was again increased to 1200.00.  The  interest rate did not increase until the credit limit was 1200.00. I  was Never late with the payments until May 2013. I called and asked for a waiver.

I was told I could not get a waiver for the late charges for the first time late payment. I then asked what was the interest rate. I was told 26.45 %. I asked if the interest rate could be negotiated to be lowered. I was tol, thye interest raet cannot be negotiated by the card holder or an individual. Only a credit reporting agaency or an attorney representing the individual could ask to have the interest rate lowered.

This is another ploy of the preditory lender, Merrick Bank.  Having  an attorney or a credit  consolidation agency contact them would mean I would have to pay for that service.

My advice to anyone with Merrick Bank, "Get reid of the immediately. It is just a matter of time before you get screwed over. If I had known the interest rate was going to jump to 26.45%. I would have closed the account then.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/Tampa-Florida-33630/Merrick-Bank-Increased-interest-rate-without-notification-Tampa-Florida-1053571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank